36

I knocked on my brother's room door and waited patiently for him to invite me inside.

"Come in," Nico answered, so I turned the door knob and pushed the door open. "What's up, Sa?"

"Nothing....um Damien would usually be home by now, but he's not, and he's not answering any of my calls or texts. Do you know why?" I asked. Nico slightly frowned while shaking his head.

Nico informed, "The last time we talked he said he was on his way here. I assumed you two were in your room or something." Nico then took out his phone and put his phone in speaker as he called Damien's phone, but it rang until it got to his voicemail. "He should've been gotten here."

"Do you think he's in trouble?" I worriedly asked as I played with a ring on my finger.

"Maybe. I don't know," he shrugged. Timely, a call came in on Nico's phone. "It's mom." He answered the phone and placed it on speaker. "Hello?"

"Hey, Nico," Mother answered. "I have some bad news, honeybun."

"What is it?" Nico frowned.

I jumped into the conversation asking, "Is it Damien?"

"Yes," Mother answered. She then exhaled a low breath before informing, "He got into a car accident about an hour ago."

"What?! Is he okay?" Nico and I asked in unison.

Mom answered, "He's fine. He just has a fractured arm. Rico had called me about half an hour ago, but I didn't want to give out any news until all of his results came in. He won't be released until tomorrow afternoon."

"Where's he staying at?" Nico questioned.

"I'll send you both the address right now," she answered. "Are two doing okay by yourselves?"

"Yeah," I answered. "The house is practically as you left it."

Mother replied, "Good. If you two need anything, let me know. Your dad is in the shower right now, but before he went in he wanted me to tell you both to be careful and that he loves you both. We have to get ready for a meeting, so I have to go. I love you, my babies. I'll call later to check on you both and Damien, alright?"

"Alright mom, we love you both too," Nico and I said simultaneously before Nico hung up. Timely, a text message was sent to both of our phones with an address on it.

"We leave in ten minutes," Nico said, and I nodded before rushing to my room to get dressed.

Two hours later
Nico and I trailed behind Rico as he led us to the room Damien was in. Rico stopped at a door and opened it before saying, "I'll give you some private time with him. I'll check back in in half an hour."

Nico and I nodded with grateful smiles before walking into the room. We then walked over to Damien's bed only to find him in a cast with a displeased look on his face.

Nico joked, "You look like you smelling shit," Nico joked, and Damien's head snapped to our direction. A smile immediately replaced the look he previously had on his face.

"Shut up," he chuckled as we walked over to him. We brought the two chairs in the room closer to his bed and took a seat, and Damien stretched his good hand out to Nico. Nico dapped him up, and then Damien stretched his hand out to me. I took his hand in mine and caressed his knuckles while offering a gentle smile.

"What happened?" I asked.

Damien sighed, "I saw the same black car that I thought was following me the other day. It was following me again, and it ran my off the street and into a tree. I didn't see a face cause the windows were heavily tinted."

I looked away while shaking my head and sighing, but I kept our fingers interlaced.

"So what happens now?" Nico questioned.

Damien answered, "Y'all parents said I could stay at the house, but I can't go to work for a while. I'm supposed to lay low- not like I can go anywhere anyways."

"What happened to your bodyguards?" I frowned.

"They got cut off on the highway because of traffic. They were the ones who found me when I crashed," he answered.

Nico shook his head, "Thank God. How the hell did the people from your past even find you?"

"I'd like to know too," Damien shrugged.