20|drowning in living waters

drowning in living waters

Time. It served with three outcomes in Elis's life. First, it was it's aggressiveness to Elis whenever she'd spend each and every counting day living in distraught and in the overwhelming sorrow that never faded for the three years that it began. But secondly, it expresed it's sensitivity towards Elis, showing her it's side of emotional kindness... And this reminding her on how much time made her sentimental whenever she would sit down and paint.

Elis would spend so much time painting that Bryson would have to physically lead her to bed at three in the morning. And then he would carefully pick up the many portraits the curly haired girl spent the entire day painting, inspecting each one of them admirably.

She was talented, incredibly. Elis has only ever loved painting, of which she often used as a platform for her to express the masses of unspoken words from a mind full of wonders in a world that never gave much. But she would still paint, anything and everything, including a time when she painted a faceless figure standing somewhere in the green wilderness and a waterfall behind the womanly shaped figure. Back then, Elis had identified the girl in the portrait as her love, her entire reason for existence and her partner in this world. It was the first ever time that she'd understood a single thing about herself, yet instead of clarity, it only left so many unanswered questions in her mind.

But it had only ever been weeks that Elis met Gray, for Elis to somehow begin to comprehend one of the biggest confusions in her life. She acknowledged her love for Gray, the fact that she could wake up in the middle of the night thinking of the girl that from the very beginning of their time together, took her breath away. And Gray had since ever taken so many breaths of Elis that the curly haired girl would only survive by Gray's air.

So it was on another one of their hot summer afternoons that Elis let out a heavy sigh and walked over to the closet, where she took the portrait of the faceless girl out.

Gray was seated on the chair in Elis's room, looking curiously at the curly-haired girl walking towards her.

"What's that?" She'd ask. "A painting," Elis replied, walking over to Gray as the ginger girl was unable to compress her smile upon seeing something that Elis painted. And Elis sat on the edge of the bed, taking a deep breath before turning it around and handing it over to the smaller girl.

Gray ran her smooth fingers along the dried paint, her excitement mistakenly making her realize the art rather than the message of it.

"It's beautiful," the ginger girl would say, looking at Elis with a thoughtful look as she took in the artwork.

"She's faceless," the ginger girl said.

"I know."

"It's incomplete?"

"It was meant to be like that."

"Is there a meaning?"

"Not really. It just... It represented something."

"Something like what?"

"A deeper meaning..."

The taller girl sighed, a small smile on her face as she glanced at an intrigued Gray. "Let's just say... It's left like that to represent a person, unbeknownst to me at that time, that I would only ever want to share a life with."

Elis grabbed the painting, setting her eyes on it again. "But now what I would say is that, it was my way of making you up before I met you."

The smaller girl was astound as she listened to Elis.

"And I still make you up... Everytime that you're not with me. But it's funny because I think of you with a different me... A person I don't know if I'll ever be."