26|don't let me have a life that isn't the one i have with her

don't let me have a life that isn't the one i have with her.

Elis and Gray sat on top of the hill, with their legs crossed and eyes catching each other every time they shifted their gaze from the sky. Swirls of orange shades filled their view as they stretched all through the inches of the canvas above, leaving no part of it unscathed of the significant beauty in which they gave. Elis reached out to grab Gray's hand, the beauty of the setting sun not matching that of the ginger girl when she smiled in return.

She was the most beautiful person Elis has ever met, if she ever thought of the words so plainly. Gray's beauty reached more than to what met the eye. And that was why Elis found herself so deep into Gray's hold that she wasn't herself anymore. It wasn't just her because both girls became conjoined.

And Elis had longed to feel that way, to intertwine Gray's hand in hers, which would be the physical illustration of how their souls have come together, living on that summer in a world that felt too little compared to the endless infinity of their combined universe.

"It's beautiful," the curly haired girl said, meeting Gray's hazel eyes once again. "You're beautiful." She breathed, acknowledging how the sun reflected itself against Gray's naturally tanned skin, as if she was the human form of the sunset herself.

The ginger girl breathed, words failing her as she leaned against Elis more. And the thought of only ever wanting Gray that close revisited Elis's mind, as the curly haired girl took a drag from her smoke.

Nobody could quite make her feel the way that Gray did. It was only Gray who could just, by a single touch, throw Elis into a world of exuberance, expressing itself in the most tranquil of ways, and a world full of nothing but love. The feeling was so overwhelming that if it were water, Elis would already find herself drowning under it.

But that's all she's ever known since meeting Gray.

The ginger girl ignited a fire in the depths of Elis's grief, burning it away that it was replaced by whatever good the curly haired girl felt. And if she ever wanted a person in this life, it would be her. If she ever imagined a future at all, it would include Gray.

And so Elis wanted to say it. She didn't care that Gray already knew, that her actions spoke for themselves. She still wanted to utter the words, and tell Gray that she loved her, that she loved her so eminently it was unbearable.

"I might not know a lot about Shakespeare, but I do know a quote," Elis breathed into Gray's hair as the ginger girl leaned against Elis's shoulder. "It says... Doubt thou that the stars are fire, doubt thou that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt that I love."

Gray shifted closer to the taller girl, her heart pulsating so fast in her chest that she was almost afraid it would fail her. But not quite that, because whenever she was with Elis, the ginger girl couldn't feel more alive.

"And you," Elis continued, the act of holding Gray not even enough to satisfy how much she wanted her close. "You're that part of my life. And Gray... I swear... Everytime I even spare you a glance I feel full to my soul. I feel love and inspiration. I feel so different and I know you're my treasure, the most precious thing that's ever happened in my life."

Elis was showing to Gray everything, and Gray wouldn't ever do anything to take advantage of the amount of vulnerability Elis was, because it was the same for her. She wouldn't ever feel complete without Elis.

And so as they sat on top of the highest hill in that wilderness, on that summer afternoon watching the captivative sunset, it was then that Elis was glad to have said something to Gray, that she would even have a remote idea of what the curly haired girl felt. Because words didn't even do those feelings justice.