Cripples, bastards and broken things

Ylina watched as Bran's breathing got heavier as his eyes stayed closed in his sleep. It had been happening for days now, ever since he had woken up. Everytime the poor boy managed a few hours of sleep, he would have vivid dreams, and always the same. Always the same three-eyed black raven he described, one that he never seemed to catch up with. Ylina wanted to help, but she had woken him up once before and it hadn't gone well, so, instead, all the girl did was wait for him to wake up on his own, but always with a close eye on him.

When Bran opened his eyes, Ylina gave him a soft smile, closing the book in her lap as her brother tiredly turned his face to look at her.

"Same dream again?" She asked.

Bran nodded and Ylina sighed, but before any of them could say anything, there was a knock on the door before it was pushed open only to reveal Theon standing there.

"We have visitors." He said, as Bran lifted the upper part of his body to look at Theon.

"I don't want to see anyone." The younger boy said.

"Really? If I was cooped up all day with no one but this annoying little girl for company, I'd go mad." Theon retorted, nodding his head at Ylina with a playful smirk causing her to roll her eyes with a smile. "Anyway, you don't have a choice. Robb's waiting."

"I don't want to go." Bran insisted.

"Neither do I." Theon shrugged, already used to Bran's moodiness after he woke up from his coma. "But Robb's Lord of Winterfell, which means I do what he says, and you do what I say. Hodor!"

Stepping aside, Theon allowed the gentle giant to enter the room. Already used to formalities, Hodor bowed his head slightly at Ylina's and Bran's direction and said the one thing he has ever been able to say.

"Hodor?"

"Help Bran down the hall." Theon instructed.

"Hodor." The big man nodded, before walking toward Bran's bed and picking up the boy.

Allowing him to leave the room, Theon then turned to Ylina and extended a hand in her direction. The girl scoffed, but placed her book down on the table beside her chair and walked toward her husband to take his arm in hers.

"Lord Stark requests my presence as well?" She mocked, causing Theon to chuckle.

"No." He responded as they followed Bran and Hodor down the hallways of the Castle. "But Lord Greyjoy does."

"Oh, does he?" She smirked up at him, nudging his side with her elbow.

"Besides... You really do need to leave that room. You are turning into your mother."

"Careful, Lord Greyjoy." She scolded playfully causing the man to laugh. "The next words that come out of your mouth might be decisive in whether you keep your tongue or not."

"Are you threatening me?" He raised an eyebrow at her as she shrugged.

"I'm warning you." She corrected.

As they approached the common room of the Castle where all the important meetings were held, however, Ylina's smile was replaced by a frown. She could hear her brother talking to someone and, with each step, she realized more and more she knew who was the visitor they had.

"I must say I received a slightly warmer welcome on my last visit." Ylina heard him speak.

"Tyrion Lannister?" She asked and Theon shrugged with a small nod. "What is he doing here?"

"Any man of the Night's Watch is welcome at Winterfell." Robb answered.

"Any man of the Night's Watch, but not I, eh, boy?"