Earth, iron and fire

Jojen watched from afar as the Starks and their companions interacted with each other. He watched as Bran sat in his sled playing with baby Embar, making him giggle as he lifted his nephew up in the air and made some funny faces up at him. He watched as Rickon and Hodor played with the wolves, Shaggydog, Summer and Daria making their very best to entertain the two of them while making sure not to hurt them. He watched as Osha sulked beside the fire, watching both him and Meera while his sister was off to one side skinning a rabbit. He watched as Ylina held a piece of deer skin that they had eaten, using a needle and a thread they had brought with them from Winterfell to sew her brothers a heavier coat now that they were getting closer to the wall.

In silence, Jojen watched as the girl struggled with the skins in her hands. He knew sewing wasn't the strongest of Ylina's skills. It was weird to say, but Jojen felt, sometimes, he knew the Stark family more than he knew his own. Sure, he had had visions about his Lord Father's past, but nothing that compared to the insights he had on Ned Stark and his children. Jojen knew that Arya was a wild little thing, a rebel at heart but kind and generous all the same. Jojen knew that Bran had loved to climb before falling from the tower, he knew Rickon often times felt forgotten only to have Ylina comfort him when he did. He knew Sansa loved the fancy things and dreamed of a sweet, galant prince to wed. He knew Ylina and Robb had the kind of relationship that was hard to find in such a harsh and cruel world as theirs: a loving, supportive and full of admiration relationship, on both sides.

Jojen never asked to have visions of the Stark family. He never tried to. But whenever he did, he couldn't help but feel somewhat relieved, knowing that it would be a good vision.

And as he watched the Starks laughing, playing and caring for each other, he suddenly felt bad for the future he knew awaited for them.

"If you are going stare at me the whole time, you could at least do something useful." Ylina spoke up, her eyes never leaving the needle in her hand.

Jojen smirked.

"I don't know how to sew, my lady." He said.

"Neither do I. But I try, at least."

At that, Jojen chuckled. When he got up from his place, Meera's head snapped up and her eyes glued on him. She relaxed when he nodded at her and Ylina watched their exchange. If there was one thing she couldn't deny even after having spent so little time with the duo, was that they loved each other. And for that, the Reeds had her respect.

Ylina was silent when Jojen sat down beside her. The young man reached for the bag beside her to grab a needle, but before he could, she grabbed his arm.

"Skin the rest of the deer if you don't know how to sew." She said. "I will be needing more skin if I want to make Rickon another coat as well."

"I don't know how to skin a deer either, my lady."

Ylina lifted her eyes to Jojen for the first time, surprised.

"I thought every Northern high-born boy was taught how to hunt." She frowned.

"We aren't a very traditional Northern family, my lady." Meera spoke up, causing Ylina to turn her face to look at her.

"Yet, you still call me 'my lady'." She mumbled.

"Some traditions are harder to lose than others."

Turning her eyes back her work in her hands, Ylina passed the needle through the furs once more, unsure of what Meera meant by her last statement, but not worried enough to try and figure it out.

"You don't trust us." Jojen said, causing Ylina to scoff.

"Did you realize that yourself or did the three-eyed-raven tell you?"