first day at a new school

Y/n P.O.V~

I woke up with the sun shining threw the guest bedroom windows. I opened my eyes and stretched my arms out as I yawned. I groggily got out of bed as I began to walk down the stairs leading into the kitchen, smelling something amazing as I reached the bottom of the stairs as I saw my grandfather cooking at the stove. I smiled and spoke in a cheerful voice.

Y/n:" Morning, Grandpa."

My grandfather looked at me with his E/c eyes witch were just like mine as he chuckled jollily.

Grandpa:" Well, good morning kiddo."

Y/n:" So what are you making Grandpa."

Grandpa:" Beacon and eggs. Would you like some Y/n?"

I nodded yes, as my grandfather smiled at me as he went back to making the food for breakfast. I waited for about six minutes before a plate and scrambled eggs, and crispy bacon was put in front of me. I took a fork and knife in my hand as I began to eat my breakfast.

Grandpa:" So grandson, any progress on that puzzle I gave you?"

Y/n:" Well, I have been working on that thing for five years. I want to think that I have at least some progress."

My grandpa chuckled as he began to eat his bacon. I ate my beacon, enjoying the flavor of it as it was made very well.

Grandpa:" So I have meant to ask you, Y/n, why have you transferred to this school?"

I looked down as this made me think about Ayano as I looked down slightly. My grandpa gave me a sympathetic look.

Grandpa:" I know that look; it's about a girl, isn't it?"

Y/n:" Yeah, how'd you know?"

Grandpa:" Your father had the same look when your mother rejected him for senior prom."

Y/n:" But mom told me that she went to prom with Dad?"

Grandpa:" That's because he was persistent."

Y/n:" Yeah, well, I couldn't be persistent if I tried."

Grandpa:" Rejected?"

Y/n:" I guess you could get that."

My grandfather out his hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner as he spoke.

Grandpa:" Don't worry, Y/n, you're a catch; you will find someone in the future."

I smiled at my grandpa's words.

*Two weeks later!*

I was getting ready for school and dressed I got on my hoodie finished packing my lunch as I put it in my backpack. I walked downstairs and saw my grandpa reading today's noose paper.

Y/n:" Okay, grandpa, I'm heading out."

Grandpa:" Okay, have an excellent first day of school."

Y/n:" I'll try."

My grandpa lightly chuckled as I left the house ready to start this new chapter in my life.

??? P.O.V~

I sat in my seat, doodling in my notebook, not paying much attention to what my teacher was saying.

Teacher:" Okay, class, we have a new student joining us today. I expect you to treat him with the same care and respect that you show each other please welcome Mr. Y/n L/n."

A H/c haired and E/c eyes boy walked into the room. Strange, he reminds me of Yuki, I thought to myself. He didn't look much like him, but something about him I couldn't put my finger on it made me think about Yuki when looking at him. The boy spoke with a smile.

Y/n:" Hi, I hope we can all get along and be great friends."

Teacher:" Okay. Mr. L/n, you will be sitting next to ms Gasai. Yuno, could you please raise your hand?"

I raised my hand as he walked to the empty desk next to mine. The boy looked at me and smiled.

Y/n:" Hi, I'm Y/n."

He held his hand for a handshake. I didn't want to seem rude to the new, so I shook his hand.

Yuno:" I'm Yuno. It's very lovely to meet you."

Y/n:" Hey, I don't mean to be weird, but your hair looks gorgeous."

I blushed at these words. Why was I blushing? I didn't know him at all. I couldn't help but feel a little worried after all the last person who complimented me he-. I was quickly pulled out of my thoughts as the teacher spoke to me.

Teacher:" Yuno, would you do the honor of showing Y/n around the school after class is over?"

Yuno:" Yes, Ms.Yumi "

My teacher smiled as she went back to teaching the lesson. After the class had ended, I took Y/n around, showing him everything pointing things out to make sure he didn't miss anything.

Yuno:" And that is our library. Over there is the cafeteria."

Y/n looked at all of the things I had shown, and it was getting a bit boring, so I tried to make some conversation.

Yuno:" So Y/n, what school did you transfer from if you don't mind me asking?"

Y/n:" Oh, I transferred from Akademi high school."

Yuno:" The school where all those girls were murdered?"

Y/n:" Yeah, definitely not a very good school year."

Y/n and I kept talking as I showed him around the school. After I had shown him everything, the school day had already ended, and it was time to go home. I don't know what it was, but something was intriguing about that boy.

Ayano P.O.V~

I was in my room doing my homework. My hand was shaking becue of the stress that Y/n got away, and I wasn't able to find him. What if he told the police what we did, but he wouldn't do that he would be convicted himself along with me. My bedroom door was opened as my mother stepped threw.

Mom:" Ayano, a letter came for you."

My mother handed me the letter as I thanked her.

Ayano:" Thank you, mother."

Mom:" It's no problem, dear."

Mom left my room as I opened the letter. It was from Y/n. I read the message as I was worried about what he would do.

Dear Ayano

I know that you probably hate me from running away from you and the potential of me turning you into the police right now. I wrote you this letter to let you know that I have no intention of turning you into the police or having any contact with you or your precious senpai. You will most likely never see me again. I loved you, Ayano, and I don't know if I will ever move on, but I want you to know that I hope that you and Taro live a long, happy life together. I know that you are most likely not going to miss me. I wrote this little quote for you if you want to remember me by something if you're going too. Goodbye

From Y/n

I read the poem as my hart felt slightly heavy for some unknown reason.

" Sometimes, you make me think that I actually have a chance with you, but every time I try to take that chance, you make me realize that I never really did."

I looked down that I was never going to see my best friend ever again. The man who loved me enough to kill for me the man who helped me commit murders for someone else, my best friend... I put the letter down as I pushed Y/n out of my thought for now as I realized that I had no obstacles in my way of having senpai be mine soon.