18

Hyunjin's P.O.V

I sipped my iced americano as the stylist did my hair. I was at the JYP magazine building for a shoot, and I wanted to surprise Seungmin while I was here, but the shoot was going by so slowly and I was worried I would miss him. His daily bouquet had already been sent, and I sent him some extras since this was his first day back since he got hurt.

Ho only took off two days of work, but I talked to the CEO to make sure he had a little less responsibilities for a little bit. He still had a concussion and I didn't want him to make his head worse. If I was in charge, Minnie would still be at home resting, with me.

"Are you ready Mr.Hwang?" The production assistant said, coming to get me for the shoot. I looked to the stylist who gave me a thumbs up and then nodded to the other employee. I stood up from my seat and walked out to the set, careful not to mess up my outfit.

"Please start by that stool, okay?" The same girl who came to collect me said, then rushing off to stand by the producer. I stood by the stool and waited for the photographer to give me some orders and suggestions.

"Just do what you feel is right for the concept." The photographer said, moving her camera away from her face to blatantly check me out. Her expression made me want to vomit. "I want the shoot to be as natural as possible, mmkay?" She said, checking me out once more before lifting the camera back up to her eye and snapping pictures as I changed my pose.

I hated the way she was eyeing me, especially around a certain area of my body that was accentuated by my extremely tight pants. My skin was crawling and I held my hand up for the shoot to hold. My manager ran over, a confused expression on his face.

"What is it Hyunjin?" He asked, seeming worried but also annoyed. I glanced over at the photographer, who was still staring at me with hunger in her eyes. I shook my head to try to clear it of the disgusting feeling and then turned to explain the situation to my manager.

"I need a minute with you to talk in private." I told him and then he nodded. We both walked to the dressing room, my manager, Sungjin, signaling to the other staff that we would be back in a minute. I saw a couple of eye rolls from them and felt bad for acting like such a diva.

"I really don't like the photographer." I whispered to him and he furrowed his brows at me. "She keeps eye fucking me and it's making me uncomfortable. Do you think it would be possible for me to request a different one?" I asked and he pulled out his phone to check something.

"I'm sorry if I seem like a stuck up, narcissist celebrity, but I just feel uneasy around her." I said, feeling tears prick my ears. "I'm sorry for being extra trouble and making you have to work harder."

My tears finally spilled out and streamed down my face and Sungjin moved to comfort me with a gentle hand rubbing my back. "Shhh, you're fine Hyunjinnie. You shouldn't have to deal with that, especially after what happened." He assured me, his voice gentle and calming.

I sniffled and tried to wipe my tears, only further ruining my makeup. Sungjin was referring to an incident with my old manager, who took advantage of me when I was a teenager. She was always manipulating me into staying quiet about it, telling me she would end my career and get me blacklisted.

Thankfully Sungjin got hired and saw right through her. "Can you have somebody get Kim Seungmin?" I said and he chuckled, shooting me a knowing smirk. He nodded and pulled out his phone again, calling somebody to get Seungmin here, still rubbing my back.

I never had any siblings, but Sungjin was like an older brother to me. He always took good care of me, and I definitely wouldn't be as successful as I am today without him. I owe him so much, but he doesn't want me to feel like I owe him anything.