Ch:17 Yes

(Demi's P.O.V)

We were sitting in the class as I saw Lea enter and the teacher stopped her for something. When she sat besides me, I asked her:

"What was that for?"

"Huh? Oh, that? Um....nothing. Just some assignment."

She quickly ended, rather frantically. And then the rest of them started with the Sam talk.

I wasn't satisfied but the beginning of class prevented me from speaking any further.

Lea had been acting a bit strange. Not very noticeable but as her best friend, I could make it out.

Her and Sam. A complicated story.

Her and Tyson. Currently awkward.

Her and us. Slightly cut off.

Her and Allison. Curiosity and suspicion.

After all the drama that had decided to spice up her life, what I came across today was really the worst.

We had also heard that they had both been caught kissing yesterday. Well at least the photo proved that they were on the verge of it, even if they eventually didn't. And after all, hadn't I caught them as well that day in the park?

But it wasn't the main problem. I could surely live with them dating. I knew they had a history. One that made their relationship very complicated and close and special. But this had me lose control.

At the sound of the bell, she rushed out without waiting for any of us as I watched her. I quickly gathered up my own belongings and about to go after her when Miss.Carl called me.

"Oh, Demi? Please do me a favor, will you?"

I nodded at her impatiently.

"You and Lea are good friends, no?"

I nodded again.

"Well, give these papers to her. She was in such a hurry, she forgot to take them from me."

She let out a slight chuckle and handed me the papers. I furrowed my brows at the first words that caught my eye.

'Transfer Papers.'

I looked at her with a questioning look. She raised her eyebrows.

"What are these?" I blurted out as a feeling if anger and sadness took over me.

"What? You forgot how to read?"

I rolled my eyes at her joke.

"No, Miss.Carl. Are these....Is-Is she transferring?"

Now, she was the one who scowled.

"Yes, honey. Didn't you know?"

She asked surprised.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

I didn't wait for her to say something else instead I made my way out and after Lea.

In a few seconds I caught up to her vanishing figure. I turned the corner as well and didn't hesitate to let my feelings run wild in the words I let out.

"You're transferring?"

She stopped dead in her tracks and turned to face me painstakingly slow. I narrowed my eyes at her although I felt more upset than angry.

"I-.....um...it...."

She looked away from me. We heard footsteps approaching us and soon figured who it was.