Chapter 28: Unexpected

BOOM! Splash!

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud.

Huff...Huff...Huff...Huff… A lone Anbu stood in the middle of a giant lake as he pulled a kunai out from his left leg. "Ugh." He groaned. Blood seeped down from the side of his face and leg. As he stood there trying to catch his breath he took a look around the lake. Floating above the water were more than 20 dead bodies. He weaved his hands together to form some hand signs causing his hands to light up in a light green color. Using his medical ninjutsu he worked to heal his wounded leg. "Ghost and Reaper are gonna be mad when they see the state that I'm in." He said. This Anbu who killed more than 20 enemy shinobi was exactly Silent Mist.

Right after Kimimaro had been cured of his disease he began training rigorously. He completed his Anbu training not long after his release from the hospital and was named Reaper. After training with Lord Third for three months he joined Izaya and I on a three year long Anbu mission to gather intel on various criminal organizations. Even to dispose of some. Of course, one of the highest priorities of criminal organizations on that list was the Akatsuki, however, they were truly a difficult organization to track. We've been away from the village on our mission for two years already and the organization we were tracking was called the Blood Water organization. We tracked the organization to its headquarters which was situated in the Land of Water Silent Mist contemplated to himself as he healed his wound.

"I'm supposed to meet Ghost and Reaper at our designated rendezvous point. I still have a few hours before the time limit. These guys were more careful than they let on. At least I was able to get what I came for." Silent Mist whispered to himself as he looked at the scroll in his hand. He put it away and was just about to leave when he heard a voice say, "Water Style Great Waterfall Jutsu!"

"AH?!" Silent Mist exclaimed as a giant torrent of incredibly powerful water approached to engulf him. He quickly placed his hands in front of him and said, "Ice Style Ice Barrier Domed Jutsu!" He quickly encapsulated himself in a dome of ice as the vortex of water engulfed him and attempted to crush him. Crap! I've already wasted so much chakra when I fought against my pursuers. Whoever this person is they're much stronger than the guys from earlier. I don't have enough chakra right now to fight him. Best use this chance to escape Silent Mist quickly thought. He placed his hands on the bottom of the ice dome and activated his Ice Style to form a sharp spear thrusting through the bottom of the water vortex and successfully slipping out of its torrential grasp into the lake below. He quickly swam downwards in a dark place of the lake to hide. Just as he was about to activate an ability to help him breathe underwater he saw the dark part of the water become even darker. Greatly alarmed he used his Ice Dome Jutsu once more to cover himself. Just as the dome of ice covered his body a giant maw opened up and swallowed him.

Up on the surface of the lake stood a man with half his face covered. He wielded a giant sword known as the Kurikiribocho, or otherwise known as the executioner's blade. This was Momochi Zabuza. He watched as his Jutsu engulfed the person he was hired to kill. To his surprise however, when the Jutsu dissipated the person was nowhere to be found. "Hmpf. Sneaky. He escaped." Zabuza said indifferently. He looked around and saw the many dead bodies that were killed by that person. "I can see why I was hired, whoever that was, they were highly skilled to kill this many rogue shinobi." Zabuza mumbled as he walked off.

After an hour of observing the inside of the mouth from whatever ate him, Silent Mist took out a long needle and infused it with his chakra. He had somehow managed not to get swallowed down to the stomach and clung to the side of this things lower jaw. He was able to discern some of the properties of this animal and found where its gag reflex was. Silent Mist took his chakra enhanced needle and threw it towards the animals gag reflex. Soon, a loud rumbling sound was heard and before he knew it he was spit out from this beasts mouth along with it's lunch. "Ugh!" Silent Mist moaned. Strangely he found himself within a giant underwater palace. Quickly he weaved his hands to form the Snake sign causing a bubble of water to appear around his head.