Chapter 26 - Alexander

I honestly tried with the drawing... I just- the style of art Vivzie has is just- DIFFICULT!!!! Anyways... I hope this gives you an idea of what Alexander looks like???

~~~

A sudden pouring rain suddenly brought everyone into reality. They stop staring at you and Alastor the moment you pulled apart.

"What now?" Charlie looks at her hotel, which blazing fire seemed to start to die down.

"I- I don't know..." She sighs in defeat which made your blood boil.

"Up, everyone, come on," Everyone protests as you get up. "I'm fine, trust me," using your cane and Alastor for support you walk down the road. "This will take a while so everyone be in for quite the walk,"

~~~

"Welcome to my home," everyone stood in front of a giant mansion, purple in colour with blooming flowers around the front garden.

"Holy fucking shit!" Niffty says making everyone gasp. "What? It's an appropriate reaction,"

"Right... well, there will be plenty of rooms but for the sake of my sanity please don't break anything," your shadow unlocks the door to reveal a large foyer with marble staircases. "Alexander!" You let out a cough as a small goat demon scurries in padded with pillows held by a belt and a pan in hand.

"Miss?" You nod as he rushes over. "I'm so glad you're back!"

"I missed you too, Alex," you bend down to hug the goat demon. "We have guests," you gesture to the group who looked around.

"Oh! Dear me! I will get beverages," he runs off to the kitchen.

"There was a child... you have a child Slave..." Blitzo pieces together the wrong things.

"No, no, Alex is my butler, he's just a little short..." you walk to the living room and sit on the couch. "Make yourselves at home. Blitzo, get away from the horse painting," you catch the Imp reaching up to the painting which was hung above the fireplace.

"Damn you," soon Alex enters the room again, now in his uniform, balancing two trays; one with tea and one with water.

"Dreadfully sorry about my earlier attire," he bows his head as he pours you your usual cup of tea. "What brings you back with guests?"

"The hotel caught fire," Charlie mumbled in dispair.

"Oh lord, my apologies," Charlie dismisses his apology with a sad smile. "Will I need to set up rooms?"

"You act as if you haven't already," he chuckles and shrugs. "I took in quite some smoke, but I was able to save a few things," you nod to the duffel bag which Alex walks to. "Please place mama in her spot, I will need a some rest, do excuse me," holding back a groan you walk away with support on your cane. "My room is the top floor, if you need anything ask Alex or me for it,"

"No, no, only ask me, leave Miss to rest," you give a chuckle and a shake of your head.

"Very well, Goodnight," all was left to fill the room was the light taps of your cane and footsteps on the marble staircase.

~~~

Waking up in your more than familiar bed you groan as Alex's footsteps and voice fill the room.

"Five more minutes..."

"You are too used to waking up at your own time, Miss," you hold back the urge to throw an insult at the goat knowing you'll regret it later. "Shall I set up some clothes?"

"Yes please," Alexander goes to your closet and takes out a beautiful lilac dress along with matching gloves and stockings. "No need for those, they already know," The goat demons eyes widen.

"By your choice?"

"Not exactly," he nods before placing back the gloves and stockings. "Is breakfast ready?"

"Yes, shall I wake everyone else up?"

"I think that would be best, though give it a while," Alex nods and walks out the room.

~~~

Turning the page of your newspaper you chuckle at a story about a new couple dying via falling through their floorboards. Poor Maitlands, hope they enjoy the afterlife.

"Alex!" The goat demon runs in. "How does a little gardening sound?"

"Sounds perfect," he gives a bright smile. "Oh, the guests should come down soon, though they are in a lack of clothing,"

"Oh, silly me, of course! Gardening will have to wait," your butler nods before leaving the room. Eventually everyone found their way into the dining room. "Sorry for not realising the lack of clothes," you see everyone still in their pyjamas.

"That's alright," Charlie sits down. "I think I can buy some clothes for everyone," she lets out a yawn before grabbing some toast.

"Oh, nonsense," you place down your paper. "We will sort out clothing after breakfast, I do think Alex is getting some designs ready,"

"Designs?"

"Yes, Alex is an excellent tailor, I do enjoy helping him at times," everyone soon finished their breakfast and followed you into a large sewing room with mannequins, fabrics and machines. "Alex?" The goat demons head pops out from under a bunch of fabrics.

"Sorry, I had difficulty finding the right fabric for Mr Dust," you chuckle and help him out as he held a roll of stripped pink and white fabric.

"Mr Dust? Fancy fancy," Angel mumbles.

"Alex, please get the measurements,"

"No need! I have them right here," Niffty takes out a notebook.

"O-oh thank you, Miss Niffty," Alex gives a smile with a light blush making you smirk.

"Just Niffty," she gives a bright grin. Alex nods and hands the measurements to you. "Mind if I help?" She seems to take out her sewing kit from nowhere.

"Of course not,"

"Why don't you just magic something up?" Vaggie questions.

"I could but that would just be temporary, the clothes won't actually be there for long due to the-" Everyone makes confused faces making you sigh. "Voodoo too hard for too many people," everyone seemed to understand so they left it.

"Are these ok?" Alex hands over different designs to each demon who all stare in awe.

"These are perfect!" Alex nods and walks over to the record player.

"The usual?" You give a nod to the goat demon who places on a record which played a collection of post modern jukebox songs, starting off with Creep. As everyone was ushered out the room to explore the mansion you and the two small demons happily sewed clothing for everyone throughout the day.

~~~

Post modern jukebox is so good-

Also if you recognise Alex from my other Alastor x reader book ily

And if you have read my other book pls check it out!

- Anna ❤️