Chapter 32 - A little letter

You sipped at a cup of tea as the overlords paid full attention to your story. Currently it was about your most recent Fet Gede.

"And you're not dating?" Val looks slightly disappointed when he realised you and Alastor weren't an item.

"Oh, no, I couldn't do that to myself, and certainly not him," suddenly a shadow pops up with Alastors crystal ball. "Watch this," you hold the crystal and drop some water on it. Slowly the smoke formed and dispersed to show the scene.

"Aww..." Velvet looked happily at the scene. Handing over the ball to her, Vox rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"What is it, my dear?"

"Can I have more cookies?" You give a soft smile.

"I have a better idea, how about some classic Beignets?" You chuckle as they looked confused at you. "A fried pastry, mother's recipe!" you fill the empty plate with the powdered goods. Putting on a good amount of honey they wait for your ok to dig in. "Go ahead,"

"Yes!" They immediately take two each and stuff their face making you laugh. Taking out a napkin you wipe their faces. Suddenly the door bursts open to reveal your friends holding weapons, Alastor at the centre with dials for eyes.

"What the-" Charlie lowers her frying pan. "What's going on?" She whispers to Vaggie who looked just as confused.

"Glad you could make it," you bend down and wipes Vals mouth to rid it of powder sugar. You smile up at Alastor who was back to normal. "How did you find me?"

"We asked around..." Alastor mumbles. "What's this?" You giggle and shrug.

"I told them stories, they were so good... I think they deserve more beignets?" The three V overlords turn to you and nod their head frantically. Conjuring up more beignets they consume them fast.

"What the... fuck?"

"No swearing!" The three overlords say to Husk who jumps back.

"Oh there's no stopping him, and because you have all been so good, you can take back your swear jar money," Vox grins and rushes forward to the jar, taking out all his money.

"Why... why-" Loona couldn't piece together the situation making you sigh.

"Associates on earth threatened them to find me to reverse a deal I made, awful really," the overlords nod sadly. "But don't you fret, I will find a way around this, just for mon Chou Chou's," you pat their heads before finishing your cup of tea. "How about we all head out, this basement is giving me quite a chill," you rub your hands together for warmth.

"Sounds good," Velvet says through a full mouth. She walks to you and gives you a hug. "Here's your crystal back," she hands Alastors crystal back.

"Thank you, my dear," you hand it to a shadow who puts it back in your room. Using your voodoo you clean the basement up and help the two male overlords up. "Now that I've told you some of my stories, tell me about the threats," you hold Vox's hand as he drops his head.

~~~

You listened as the V overlords ranted about the threats. Apparently the associate on earth had connections with angels who could easily wipe out the overlords, that was the threat on them. The threat on you was similar, angels would be sent down to hunt you if you didn't reverse the deal... but somehow they found out about everyone else, as in all your friends, from Sir Pentious to Millie, the whole lot.

"Right..." you ponder through thoughts and ideas on how to deal with the situation. How in the world did a human have links to heaven? That was odd... "Give me a while, my sweets," using your powers you pop up at the library at your mansion. Scanning through the spell book section you find one on binding. Flipping through pages you land on a specific binding spell which would explain the contact with angels.

How to bind an Angel to do your bidding:

Rolling your eyes, you bookmark the page before popping back up at the studio. "Voila," you lay the book down for everyone to see. "I have quite the plan,"

"Really?" You nod and click your fingers, the two imps and short demons pop into the room.

"I think I'm going to be sick," Moxxie grabs his stomach as Millie rubs his back comfortingly.

"I need access to the living world," Millie looks up suddenly and let's go of Moxxie to hug you.

"Y/n! Oh I'm so glad you're ok!"

"Miss?" Alex and Niffty run to your side to join in the hug, Moxxie stumbling over soon.

"I missed you all too, but we have a little problem," they look behind you to see the Three V overlords. They all stumble back and cower behind you. "It's ok, they're good,"

"But-"

"I'll explain later, but for now I need that portal up soon," You conjure up a box of the needed items including the book. A shadow appears next to you ready to write down your message. "My dear, I have heard of your request, don't worry it will be fulfilled, so meet me at the front gates of your estate so I may return your soul, much love, The Voodoo Queen," You take the letter, seal it with a wax stamp and even spray a bit of your perfume on it. "Perfect, do be quick," the shadow nods before disappearing.

"What now?" You grin at Angel and summon a chair to sit on.

"Now, we wait,"

~~~

😌

- Anna ❤️