FIRST MEETING

VIKRAM

I was asked to wear formals. So I wore a blue shirt and black pant. We reached their house by 5PM. Except my grandma, others came. My grandma told that she will meet her at my engagement. Such a confident grandma.

We were greeted with a pleasant smile from her mother. Her father looked so proud and happy. Anyone can guess an army officer with his physique and behaviour.

We went in and sat on the sofa. I sat on a single cushion sofa. I took a look at the house. On one side, I saw a cupboard full of medals and certificates. I think so it was her achievements and the army badges were her father's.

The house was so colourful and attractive. On the other side, I saw a big tree's painting with small pictures and dates. There were white fairy lights gleaming around it.
It was Keerthana's life history. Starting from her 1st birthday till now. She looked cute in her childhood pictures.

I found some blank spaces down. Probably she will stick it after marriage. But my photos won't be stuck there. Even after all this, my main aim is to see her and tell the truth and run away to my house.

My father asked to bring Keerthana. Everyone was eager to see her, so was I. Just a curiosity man.

She slowly came out. She wore a dark green saree with maroon blouse, her hair tied neatly. OMG!!! What is happening to me? I didn't take my eyes from her. She gave a cup of coffee to me with her eyes down. 'No Vikram, don't fall like this from a cliff. Be a free man' I told myself and drank the coffee. It was good.

"Who made this coffee?" My mom asked. "I made it." It was her. Her voice was soft as feather. But why I'm I feeling like this? Like someone who charmed me?

My heart literally got confused. But my mind doing was firm: tell no. Then my mom asked, "Do you like her?" The  next moment I told, " I want to talk to her personally." After 2 minutes, we were inside her room. It appeared to be more attractive.

Then I felt someone should start the conversation. "Hi, do you know my name?" Such a stupid question. She knows my name. Then she started.

KEERTHANA

I was a bit nervous but he started with a stupid question like this.

Then I started, " I am Keerthana Ravi Kumar, I am a project manager in an IT company and I don't have even 1 percent interest in the marriage." I just finished it in half a minute

I saw him and he was dumb-struck."Can you please repeat it?". My God!!!! I repeated it again and it took 2 minutes for him to understand.  "Oh its the same with me." He said and I was surprised. I was happy actually.

"But you accepted the proposal right?" I asked with a questioning eyes.

"Oh its my family who took it in the wrong sense. Sorry for the big embarrassment.  But even you said it was OK. "
"Its the same for me."

After that we smiled at each other. "Can I know the reason for your rejection? "I asked him.

"Well, I don't want to marry as I have a big duty:SERVICE TO NATION. I myself don't have time speak and spend time with my family except holidays. On top of that, I find myself not suitable for having a family."

"My reason is that I don't want to marry an army officer. For I don't like an army officer ..." He stopped me from saying it.

"Are you saying that you don't like army officers?"
Am I going to say that? What the hell is his problem? He did not let me complete it.

VIKRAM

I love my profession and if someone says that they don't like it, I feel like punching them, for my profession is my life.

"No, I have respect for them and you did not let me to complete the sentence..." She was shocked and enraged. "How can you say that? Even your father is an army officer and you are saying that you don't like..."

She was no more charming to me and she was literally red and her eyes were blood red.

I kept on asking her without giving a chance. I was so attached to my profession.

KEERTHANA

This man just came from nowhere but from a mental asylum. I was damn sure about it. He was keep on asking me without giving me a chance. So, to his satisfaction, I gave an answer.

"Yes mister, I don't like army officers." I gave him what he wanted. Then a quarrel was about to start. But luckily my mom knocked the door. We exchanged cold looks and we went out.

His parents were waiting for taking a leave. They asked him if he liked me. I was so confident that he will reject me as I gave an impression like that.

"I like Keerthana. I am okay with her." The smile on my face just vanished like a puff of dust. Where the hell this man came from? I just feel like kicking him.

My parents turned and asked me. I saw my father's eyes. The weakest point. I nodded by seeing it. I should have seen my mom's.

"Since we need to have an early marriage, we will have the engagement early and marriage within this month." My life is....

His father told and they started to leave. Vikram gave me an evil look and smile on his face before leaving. It irritated me to the core. Everything is over. My mood is literally spoiled man. I just have hope that God will show me a good way. Please God, help me

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey readers, this chapter reveals Vikram's blind love on his profession and Keerthana's life changing moment. Let's peep in the next chapter how they react in their engagement.

Until then, enjoy the chapter and please vote for me😊

MY BELOVED OFFICER✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें