Chapter 14

Anita's POV

''I can't wait when you are going to come.'' Vince whispered to my eight weeks small bump. He was lying down on my lap while I was watching TV.

He is so excited about baby since we found out two weeks ago that I'm pregnant. I'm excited too, but not so much like he is. I feel normal except when I feel tired and puking in the morning.

He kissed my stomach as I caressed his hair. It's really soft under my skin. He closed his eyes and leaned his forehead on my stomach. He will be great father to our baby, I already see it.

My phone screen turned on when I saw I got notification. Rob send me a message. I internally smiled when I saw his name. He is such a good friend.

''Hi, Anita! I wanted to ask you when are we going to the movies. Do you have time for today?''
''Hi, Rob! Yes, I have time for today. We can go about an hour from now.''
''That's great.''
''Cool then. Do you want to meet up in front of the cinema?''
''Okay. See you.''
''See you too.''

''Why are you grinning?'' I heard Vince's voice that made me snap out of my thoughts.
''I'm going on a date with Rob.'' I giggled. I have never been on a date. I'm nervous. I don't want to embarass myself.
''What the f**k? You're not going anywhere, little girl.'' He said and got up abrubtly. I looked at him confused.

''First, I'm not little girl. And second, you can't tell me what to do. Rob is nice unlike someone.'' I emphasized someone.
''You think I'm not nice. I can be nice.'' He huffed. I rolled my eyes and got up from the couch.

''Hey, where are you going?''
''To get ready for my date.''
''I said that you can't go.'' He still argued.
''And I said you're not telling me what I can do.'' I said as I got up and went upstairs.

My first date. What should I wear? I was thinking when I saw beautiful blue dress. It's not tight and can cover my stomach even if it's small bump. I washed myself and let my hair down.

I put on lipgloss and mascara before picking my purse. I still had 15 minutes left so I rushed downstairs where I met Vince. He checked me up and down and he had displeased look on his face.

''What? Am I ugly?'' I asked frowning.
''Yes, you are. Now go and change. You're not going on that date.'' He made disgusted look on the word 'date'.
''Thank you for the compliment, but I'm still going. Bye bye.'' I waved him before slamming the door on my way out.

Am I not pretty like this? Why would he said something so mean? I headed to the cinema while thinking about Vince. Why did he act like that? I'm not little girl and I can take care of myself.

I saw Rob in front of the entrance and smiled. When he noticed me, he immediately hugged me.
''You're beautiful.'' He complimented, making me blush.
''Thank you.'' I said.

''Let's go inside. I found some really nice movie that you're going to like for sure.'' He chirped happily as he pulled me inside. He chose romance movie and title was catchy.

We sat in the love seat after buying popcorn. It wasn't crowded and I got more comfortable. We were into the movie and he assumed good. I liked it a lot.

Suddenly, Rob wrapped his arm around my waist when we were commenting something. The gesture made me flustered and I was probably red but lights were dim in the hall so maybe it wasn't too noticeable.

We continued talking when I saw popcorn on my dress as I was sitting. Then I felt someone throwing another one when it hit my shoulder. I turned around to see who was the culprit who was throwing popcorns at me.

I didn't noticed anyone until my eyes landed on familiar black hair and nose ring. I took deep breath of annoyance and turned around. He was hiding behind the chairs and dared to ruin my date.

Movie finished and I was enjoying the rest of the date. Rob is really gentle and kind man. But I want to stay as a really good friend with him. We departed in front of the cinema as I headed home.

I was happy today and I wish it would be like that every day. I mean, being happy every day. Even tho date was nice for my first date, it wasn't with the person I'm in love with and it will never be.

''You finally arrived.'' Vince said as I entered the house.
''Oh, I see you were eagerly waiting for me.'' I sarcastically chuckled.
''Of course I'll wait for you.'' He smiled.
''I saw you.'' I said seriously. He stopped laughing and looked at me dumbfounded.
''Where did you saw me? I was at our home all the time.'' He said emphasizing 'our'.

''Whatever. I'm going to change.'' I left upstairs and entered my room. I changed into loose T-shirt and spandex shorts. It's so hot today and I couldn't wait to change in something more comfortable.

I laid on the bed when soon was heard knock on the door. Vince entered my room and sat where I was lying.
''I'm sorry for interrupting your date. I just wanted to know if you and our baby are fine.'' He said and caressed my cheek.

''We were fine, Vince. You don't need to worry for every little thing.'' I frowned. He leaned down and kissed my cheek, making my heart flutter.
''I know, babygirl. But there is our little baby and I want to take care of you two well. Alright?'' I nodded at his words. I snuggled closer in his torso as he caressed my hair. I was too tired and fell asleep immediately.