Pevik Pikecarver (Goblin)

OkCryptid was becoming the most popular dating app on the market

OkCryptid was becoming the most popular dating app on the market. It was free, easy to use, and had rave reviews from it's users. There were no end to the happy couples, or poly relationships, that sang it's praises. You'd never used an app to date before, but your recent disastrous attempts at dating had caused you to consider it.

You weren't even sure what you wanted, honestly. You scrolled through the profiles with no real interest. You must have swiped through a hundred profiles before a graphic popped that said: "Can decide? Try the Blind Date Option! Click Here to Try!"

Why not, you thought? You clicked it, and it took you to a form page to put in days and times you'd be available for a date. After filling it out and clicking "Next", it took you to another page that asked which locations you were willing to go to for this date. You picked out a couple of cafes and restaurants you liked, and clicked "Match Me."

There was a loading wheel, then a message that said, "At the moment, there are no matches that have selected any of the times and locations you provided. We will send you a message with a date and time as soon as a match is available!"

Well, that figured. You closed the app and put your phone in your pocket, turning your attentions to other things.

It wasn't until three days later that you got a notification, which you ignored at first since you were at work. It wasn't until you got into your car and took a moment to check your email that you saw it.

"A date has been made for the 23rd, 6 PM, at the Rosemary Gardens restaurant. To accept, click 'Date'. To decline, click 'Pass'."

There was no other information. After a moment of deliberating, you clicked "Date." It was followed by a message that said, "Congratulations! Pevik will meet you at the Rosemary Gardens Restaurant on the 23rd at 6 PM!"

Pevik? That was an unusual name. You had no idea what to expect. You had to resist an overwhelming urge to Google the name and see what came up, or at least search OkCryptid for people with that name. The whole point of a blind date was to go in blind. Peeking was against the rules.

The 23rd was only four days away. You could wait. Maybe.

 Maybe