Chapter 10: Skylar

I just got to work and I'm sitting at my desk. There's a note on my desk from Mr. Jauregui.

Good morning!

So, today will be a little different than your normal schedule. I will be out to explain it to you in a bit. Thank you for your patience!

While I wait, my mind drifts off to last night.

Ahh, Mark's so amazing. I still can't believe this is real.

I didn't get the chance to tell Maya because by the time I came home, Mom was already there. I texted Maya to tell her that I'll call her today after work.

I can't wait to tell her. I literally can't stop thinking about him. And...that kiss.....ugh...I am so in lo-

"Good morning Skylar!" A loud enthusiastic voice interrupts my thoughts.

"Oh, g-good morning!" I reply, a bit startled.

"Alright, so today I'm actually going to have you work with the girls."

My eyes go wide.

The girls?! Like the 5 people I hate the most now? Why the hell would I have to work with them?!

"Work on what with them?" I ask.

"They said they needed your help with rearranging the lounge? I'm not too sure. Why don't you go ahead and head over there to see what they would like you to do? I most likely won't be here when you're done. The family's going on vacation today! While everyone except Lauren. School takes way too much time these days I swear to the Lord." Mr. Jauregui mumbles the last part as he turns around to head back to his office.

Ugh, is he being serious? Why? Why would he do this to me?

I reluctantly get up and walk to the lounge. As I walk my body starts to tremble, my breathing becomes shallow and my vision gets a little blurry. I stop myself in the middle of the hallway.

Skylar, calm down. Don't let them see you scared or nervous. You're stronger than that. Just breathe in and out.

I take a few deep breaths. Once I feel myself become a bit more relaxed I continue to walk to the lounge.

I take a deep breath before knocking on the door. After a few seconds, Camila answers the door.

"Well, isn't this a surprise!" she says with the biggest grin on her face, "Come on in."

She slightly pushes me into the room and closes the door behind her.

Ally and Lauren are both seated on the couch while Normani and Dinah are both standing near them with their arms crossed. They're all giving me death stares.

"Come sit down." Ally says, patting the seat next to her.

"W-why?" I ask.

"W-why?" Dinah mocks, "Just sit down."

"W-What do you guys want?"

Camila rolls her eyes before grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the couch. She forces me to sit down on the sofa then she takes a step back, crossing her arms and stares down at me.

"So, where were you last night?" Lauren asks.

I look at the floor.

Do they know? How do they know? There's no way. Wouldn't I have seen them then?

"She asked you a question!" Dinah raises her voice.

I flinch, making them all smirk, and quietly say, "A-At h-home."