Part Two - Chapter Sixteen

I sit nervously on the edge on the sofa staring at my older brother. Even though I have no idea what he said I can tell it's not good news.

"What's happening?" I ask.

"Nothing important" he answers.

"Vince, I'm not stupid" I exclaim "I know something bad is happening"

Vince turns to me with a raised eyebrow.

"Remember who you're talking too" he says.

"Sorry" I say "but will you please tell me"

"Evanna, the less you know, the safer you are" he answers.

"I know! You've said that before" I say "you don't trust me, do you?"

"It's nothing to do with trust Evanna" he says.

"Well then what is it to do with? Because I really want to know" I answer.

"It's to do with your safety. That is my priority right now" he says.

"Well surely I'll be safer knowing what's happening" I reply.

"My decision is final, you do not need to know what is happening" he says.

I sigh. Why can't I just know! Like yeah I understand that what's going on is probably really bad but I just want to know.

I sit back on the couch and pull out my phone. I guess there's nothing else to do.

"Evanna, how about you go to sleep. It's late" he says.

"I'm not tired" I say, still staring at my phone.

"You can have half hour on your phone, then you sleep" he replies.

"Okay" I answer.

Unfortunately for me, that half hour came around quick and now Vince is making me go to sleep.

"Evanna, I'm not telling you again. Give me your phone" he says.

I let out a long frustrated sigh and hand him my phone. I sit back down on the sofa and cross my arms.

I look up to Vince and see him staring at me with a raised eyebrow.

"That's enough attitude" he says "otherwise I'll be keeping this phone for longer"

"Fine, I'm sorry" I answer with a sigh.

"Now go to sleep" he says.

I nod and lay down on the sofa, turning to face the sofa. I close my eyes and count up to ten and then back down to one. I repeat that and finally start to get tired.

Before I know it, I drift off into a quiet sleep.

——

Vince's pov

I sit on my desk with my head in my hands. I glance up and my eyes land on Evanna, who is curled up fast asleep.

I sigh, I just want her to be safe.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and glance at the message. I rub my face with my hand.

'Vince, we need backup and quick. They're all around the restaurant' - Grayson

The Russian family has declared a war on our family and unfortunately their family is a lot bigger than ours.

I look yo Evanna and then back to phone. What's the best option? Leave her here with some guards or bring her with me so I know she's safe.