Chapter Seven

Joseph Kingston

I moved my fist forward, throwing the guy to the side. With blood rushing to my head and music blaring in my ears, I pulled my fist back for another punch but my action got interrupted when someone came out of nowhere and booted me straight in the stomach.

My back slammed against the bar and I groaned, quickly rolling over just as the new guy delivered a second kick. Brayden appeared behind him with an angry sneer and wasted no time in spinning the guy around by his collar and smacked his knuckles into his cheek. People moved out of the way as the guy splattered on the ground and the crowd went wild, all cheering and screeching like broken radios.

The emergence of multiple security guards wearing half-sleeved shirts to show off their ripped muscles was a sign that our brawl was going to be put to an end.

"This ain't no fighting club you bastards, get outta here!" one of the muscly men roared amidst the deafening music, pulling us apart. The fight eventually broke off when more security guards intervened and at last, the other party ended up leaving.

"I was gonna kill those lowlife scumbags!" Brayden rumbled angrily as we collapsed on the sofas in the lounge.

Emmett pressed an icepack over his sore cheek which he had taken from the bartender while I flexed my jaw, trying to assess the damage.

The whole room buzzed with drunken teenagers who swayed to the beat of the music as if there wasn't a fight going on few minutes earlier while the security guards watched the rest with warning looks.

Gibbs joined us with a delighted face, clapping his hands. "Damn boys, that was some sick show you put on."

"Yeah?" Emmett pulled the icepack away and raised a questioning brow. "And where the hell were you?"

"Watching the fight from up there," Gibbs pointed to the second floor of the club and shrugged. "The stairs were crowded, I couldn't make it in time. Hell, I barely even made it down in one piece."

I rolled my eyes at his exaggeration and they landed on a group of girls wearing short, revealing dresses standing across us, their eyes sending suggestive looks our way. After a while, they started coming over and I knew my friends weren't going to mind their company. Taking that as my cue to leave, I grabbed a bottle of beer and stood up, stuffing one hand in my pocket.

My arm brushed against one of the girl's exposed shoulder and our eyes locked contact. I curved my lips into a brazen smirk, causing her to pause her movements in a trance while I strolled by, feeling her eyes glued on my back.

LED lighting decorated the dimmed dancing area, swinging wildly with the delirious crowd drinking and dancing their night away. I sauntered towards the bar and swiftly set my untouched bottle of beer on the counter before proceeding up the stairs in the direction of the second floor.

I marched further until reaching a metallic door at the end of the hall and pushed it open. With every step I climbed, the loud music lowered until only soft beats vibrated through the building.

The door upstairs allowed a breeze of fresh air to welcome my senses as I stepped out in the darkened sky, making my way to the edge of the rooftop and carefully climbed up, balancing my feet over the small area.

A rush of adrenaline went through me as I stared down at the city lights blurring together while the vehicles sliced forward like fireflies. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

Relaxing my shoulders, I clenched my fists and winced when a stinging sensation spread across my bruised knuckles. My right hand was already injured from the locker incident at school and now I had accidentally broken some guy's phone with that exact hand.