43- Devil on My Shoulder

A/N: yay the YouTube thing is working again! Song's for later :)

-•*•-

Your POV

-few weeks later-

My wounds have healed, leaving behind big scars. I trace them as I sit I'm my cave. My finger glides over the ruff raised skin above my heart.

It's been a long time since I saw my friends. I miss them so much. I want to go back, I want to see them.

He'll just finish what he started if you show your face around there.

"I know." I look down at the cracked stone ground. "I just wish he'd understand."

He won't understand. Not matter what you do he will always try to kill you.

"But what if he changes. What if he listens."

Did he listen during your battle? NO! What makes you think he'll listen now?

"So I'm just suppose to sit in this cave the rest of my after life? Let everyone think I'm dead?"

My shadow pauses, lifting a dark hand to its dark face as if in thought. It's eyes suddenly light up red and a shining white smile appears on its face.

You could kill him first. Show everyone that you are not weak.

"But I can't. I can't kill someone I love."

Even if he doesn't love you back?

"You don't know that."

Really I don't? What do you call you fight with him. Was that "killing each other out of love"? Here have this staff thought your gut as a token of my undying love for you. In fact here let me show you how much I really love you by chucking you through the air and choking you to death.

I look away from my shadow so it can't see the tears in my eyes.

it really sounds like he loves you. My shadow rolled its eyes.

"Y-you're right. But how do we know I am powerful enough to defeat him? In case you haven't noticed I've been hanging of the verge of death those past few days after the fight!"

You weren't trying. You were only defending yourself. Your heart was in the way of your true strength.

"Is love really so weak?"

In this shit hole, yes. Yes it is.

In fact you've fought him twice before and defeated him.

"Those don't count. Either of us were at our full potential at the time."

I stand and walk around the cave that has become my home. I walk towards a broken mirror that hangs on the wall.

I stare at my reflection. I'm almost unrecognizable. Dark bags under my eyes from the lack of sleep. My once bright/deep (E/C) eyes now dull. My (H/L) (H/C) is a mess. Dust and dirt cake my clothes and arms.

My eyes are drawn to the scar above my heart. A perfect representation of how broken my heart is.

He did that to you. And he'll do it again if he gets the chance.

My shadow points to my scar.

You don't need him. You don't need love. If you want to be free you need to get rid of the chains holding you down.

I place my hand on the mirror.

"How do it do that?"

Show them that you're not weak.