Public Face

*STEVEN P.O.V.*

Almost...almost..almost...

''Dammit Carter!'' I yelled as I threw the game controller to the floor. He erupted in laughter. Same as Jackson and Damien.

''You lost prep boy, don't take it out on my game controller.'' Jackson said. I sighed shaking my head. I did'nt lose, Carter cheated.

''Whatever, I'm going to get something to drink.'' I said getting up and tossing Jackson the controller. Let's see how much fun he has losing to the cheating Carter. I walked out of the main room and into the kitchen. I would much rather be relaxing at Damiens house, cuddled up with him as we watched Netflix all day, but no we just had to hangout with Jackson and Carter today.

I was'nt complaining because I did'nt like them. They were my friends just as much as they were Damiens, but I'd just rather be anywhere but here. Well that's a lie, because honestly I'd rather be anywhere but at my house.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Damien looking at me with the same worried expression he's had since last night.

''I'm fine.'' I repeated to him for the fifth time today. It may have been a lie but he couldn't help me with what I was going through. My family was my problem, and if I told him what was going on then he'd feel bad, and I did'nt want that.

''Don't lie to me Steven, I know you.'' Damien said. His hand left my shoulder and moved to my waist as he pulled me in close to him for a hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck, clinging more tightly to him than I wanted to be. I fought back the tears that threatened to spill from my eyes. I have to hold it in, it'll all blow over quickly, I know it will.

The tears won the battle, and soon they were staining my face. I held my sobs in as they ran relentlessly down my face.

''Aye Damien get in here! It's your turn to get your ass kicked!'' Carter yelled from the main room. I heard Damien sigh before he moved his hands from my waist, and with me refusing to let him go, he had to basically pry my arms from around his neck.

He took a step back, looking at me. His expression still never changed, only now he looked as worried as ever. I should'nt have just broke down, I probably ruined his entire day, because I know now he'll suggest that we go home. And even though I'll assure him that he can stay and hang with our friends he'll refuse easily. It's such a played out routine.

He lifted his hand to my face, wiping the fallen tears away. I sighed and turned my head away from him. I was never this bad at keeping my emotions in check. I turned my head back to face him, and was caught in a kiss. I went to put my hands on his cheeks but his hands caught mine, entwining our fingers and squeezing tightly.

He pulled away and I was'nt ready to set him free just yet, but I knew that it was beyond dangerous for him to have even hugged me in the first place. He released my hands and rested his forehead against mine.

''Your public face is horrible.'' He whispered out to me laughing quietly. He was referring to the way we had to act with each other when we were'nt alone or in private. I smiled pulling back from him and looking into his light blue eyes.

''Stay'' I suggested. ''I'll only be moping in my own problems all day, and besides you really wanted to hang with them.'' He shook his head smiling back at me.

''We both know how this argument is going to end, so should we skip the meaningless conversation? Because either way I'm coming, and dude I'm your ride idiot, I'm leaving either way.'' He said, shaking his head like he was surprised at my sudden lack of common sense. Actually I was a bit shocked at that as well.