Baby x Chris

I have a discord now! Ayeeeeeee if you want to join go ahead there's a link in my bio and if the link here works than that's cool too lmao https://discord.gg/kdNwbb5
Your POV

My little boy y/k/n (Your kid's name ig lol) was playing in the sand box. I sat on the bench a little ways away watching attentively. I noticed a little girl running and a blonde man following attentively. She was laughing but the man seemed tired as all hell. Before I new it the little girl ran right into my legs and giggled.

"I'm so sorry," the man huffed.

"No, it's fine I get it," I stated cheerily before turning to the little girl, "see the little boy in the sand box? Go play with him real quick."

The little girl nodded and laughed before running to y/k/n. I nodded to the seat next to me and the man slumped down leaning his head over the back of the chair.

"Thank you," he sighed with a little chuckle, "She has a lot of energy. It's hard being a single parent."

"Yeah, I'm in the same boat, I adopted y/k/n a little over a year ago. It's a lot but he really does brighten my life."

The man sat up to face me with a small smile. My eyes immediately went wide and so did his.

"Chris?" I asked, stunned.

"Y/N?" He asked back louder.

"Oh my god!" We yelled excitedly, getting odd stares from some other parents.

Chris pulled me in for a tight hug and I could feel him smiling against my shoulder.

"It's been what, six years?" I asked.

"Yeah we hadn't talked since Ash and I...," I saw him wince.

"What happened with Ashley?"

"I- She left me. She never really explained why, it was just over. We haven't spoken since the divorce and now it's just me and Alexa," he sighed.

"You wanna- get out of here?" I asked with a small smile, "it sounds like you need a break. My house is just around the corner."

Chris looked at me with a soft smile forming before nodding. We called our kids before walking over to my home. I unlocked the door and y/k/n ran in with Alexa.

"Go to your room baby!" I yelled and only received giggles in return.

I led Chris to my kitchen and he sat down on one of the stools.

"This place is really nice Y/N," he stated as he admired the room around him.

"Thank you," I chuckled, "I work for my dad's company and luckily he allows me to work from home so I can still spend time with y/k/n."

"That's great."

I set down a beer for him and popped it open. We drank and talked for maybe an hour and I realized how much I missed him. We decided to call it a night and checked on our kids. They were both asleep on the floor, we laid them in y/k/n's bed and I let Chris to my room.

"Guess you're staying the night," I laughed.

After a bit more talking Chris took off his shirt and climbed into bed. I followed suit and turned towards him.

"Hey Chris?"

"Yeah?"

"I think I like you."

I grabbed his face softly and he smiled before leaning in to kiss me. He grabbed my waist and pulled me close to him before wrapping his arms around me.

"I think like you too," he chuckled breathily.