S M I L E

S M I L E

A U G U S T 1 6 , 1 9 9 8 (EARLIER)

ROYCE POV

The girls had left last night to go to Pops for the night, he's farther from the coast and is more safe. It was only a category 2 but the wind and water was supposed to destroy the coast.

My windows were boarded up and to be honest I wouldn't have woken up of Koa didn't walk in. I was up earlier this morning to check to see if Kelca was there, but since it's been four days and she isn't, I needed a nap.. I felt empty without her. So so empty.

"The hurricane is starting to hit Royce, you need to get up." She mumbles.

She walks up to me, climbing onto my side of the bed and leaning in, kissing my cheek with the corner of her lips hitting mine.

"Dont fucking kiss me." I mumble and Koa sighs, "It's been four days, she's not coming back Royce. And plus you know you like me more-"

"No I don't."

"Well you have to admit that you've at least thought about us together Royce? Thought about us doing a little more..." she drags her finger down my abs but it doesn't feel like when Kel would Do it. Kel would give me butterflies when she touched me there and would make my breathing all heavy. Not Koa though.

"I did when I was seventeen and maybe when I was trying to shy away from Kel but... never again Koa. She's mine now."

"Royce. She is GONE. You haven't heard from her in days, her shop is empty, you haven't seen her parents and you knew her dad wanted her gone."

"But what if-?" I start and she sighs,

"Where could she be? Her mom can move her out after they move from here and isn't it smart to leave before the hurricane? And you haven't seen her so where would she be? "

I swallow.

She's right...

I haven't seen Kelca in four days and I've looked everywhere everyday, I've looked at the bench, at Taysies, at the beach, at the movie theater, at the coffee shop, even the hospital because she hurt her arm.

And she was nowhere...

She's gone.

"I don't want her to be gone Koa.." I mumble, tears coming to my eyes, "maybe shell come back? But also...you can finally be with me, Royce".

I growl, "Koa I don't want to be with you,"

"Yes you do.." she mumbles into my ears her hand trailing up and down my abs.

Her hand slowly went farther down until it touched over my dick in my sweatpants, staying there for a second.

And at that point all that was running through my mind was Kelca, I had this feeling she was still here that felt like sticky syrup on my brain. But I was stressed out, I hadn't seen her in four days and my heart was slowly deteriorating wondering if I had spent the last few days that I had with her.... fucking Koa in Kel and I's bed and imagining it as her.

And I didn't want to think about it, the girls were gone and the rain was splattering against the roof and the sides so loudly that nobody could hear anything.

I wanted to get my anger at myself out.

I never meant to hurt Kel..

So my hand went on top of hers on my bulge and I started to move her hand around it. My left hand went up and pushed her head down to mine as I kissed her. It didn't feel the same as when I kissed Kelca, Kelca was just so perfect.