Chapter 28: Rush

---------Hey guys! I promise to update more often, it's just as you know I am a Directioner, and it's been crazy the past couple days and just ugh. Plus school needs to fall out of style like sillybands because I am sick of it already. I swear I use the beginning messages like a diary. SORRY PLEASE CONTINUE----------

Gage and I finally got out of bed around noon, after telling Jenny that we were staying home. Talk about getting the stink eye from someone. Seriously, who is jealous of their son's boyfriend? Sick puppies, that's who. You are a sick puppy Jen. I was still scowling at the door as Gage exited the shower, and he raised an eyebrow at me. 

"You know that you are hurting my door's feelings." He said, ruffling his hair with the towel. I roll my eyes, which are now trained on his naked chest. Mmmm, this is making my blood rush.

"Whatever, take off your pants." I said robotically, and he widened his eyes.

"Pervert! I ain't taking off my pants." I just eye his lower half hungrily, willing the pants to become depressed and fall to the floor in despair. He blushes under my gaze, quickly pulling a black sweater over his head. Damn. It was fun while it lasted. 

"Gage, what'd you go and do that for? I was enjoying the show!" I winked, and he mock-scowled at me.

"Shush up. Go look at your own hot body in the mirror." I was about to protest when I paused.

"You think...I have a hot body?! Well well well, come get cha some!" He turns bright red and chucks a pillow at me, making me laugh.

"Stop." He said simply, but his voice sounded shy. SO CUTE I CAN'T. I sigh, wondering how an adorable sexy human such as Gage ever wound up my boyfriend. Oh that's right! I loved him until he agreed. So kind of me. 

"I see that look on your face. Stop thinking mushy thoughts." Gage mumbles. I giggle, bouncing off the bed to take a shower filled with thoughts of Gage and his Gage-ness. This is going to be a long shower. 

After I shower and get dressed, Gage's phone rings. He turns to me, showing me that he didn't recognise who was calling.

"Levi, do you know who this is?" I scrutinise the number, and immediately grin. I take the phone from him and answer.

"Buddy the elf what's your favorite color?" Barnes chuckles, but I notice a nervous undertone to her voice. 

"Hey Levi. I....well, I have some...news. I'm not quite sure if this is good or bad." She says, and I sit down on the bed, worry creasing my brow.

"What is it?" I ask, Gage sitting down next to me and listening in.

"Its just...you know that key-chain you found at the crime scene?"

"Yeah....what about it?" She clears her throat, clearly about to say what was on her mind.

"Well, it turns out it wasn't a W. It...it was an M." I gulp, not totally surprised but certainly not pleased.

"An M? Are you sure?" I ask, and Gage gives me a knowing look.

"Yes, i'm afraid so. Do you have any idea who it could belong to?" Gage bites his lip, and I sigh nervously.

"Um, yeah, I think I have a pretty good idea." Her following sigh sounds relieved, but it doesn't feel that way to me.

"That's the upside then. The downside is that means we don't have enough evidence to hold Wiggins any longer." I nearly drop the phone, but hold it even tighter and look at Gage in panic.

"What do you mean?! You had like everything else! He can't just...go free! I know he had something to do with it. He had to. This wasn't a coincidence."