Arrival and Compliments

Diana stared at herself in the small passenger's seat window for a moment. The bejeweled makeup and accessories she adorned looked unnatural, the much more attention grabbing look almost uncomfortable to wear. The stinging cut on her shoulder didn't make things any more comfortable. Flicking her gaze to the rear view mirror, the tuxedo-clad agent gave some comfort. His calm expression across his face, eyes on the passing buildings and parked cars. It was a relief to see the calm, in control look on the agent's face. Shifting, the younger woman looked out the window as well, surprised to see the mansion come into view. The calmed fear of what would occur inside began to well up again as she pushed the car door open, smoothing the red skirt down with a weak sigh.

A deep voice broke the trainwreck of thoughts. "You look lovely, Miss Burnwood."
Diana whipped her head towards the source of the compliment, cheeks heating up in surprise. An amused smile played at her lips, a brow quirking up. The agent already sounded quite proper when he talked, but pushed on a more dramatic version of his voice with the statement. The subtle mockery of the people they'd be interacting with and the tone was overall hilarous, but Diana only let a short chuckle out in response.

"Please, you can't call me 'Miss Burnwood', we're supposed to be a couple tonight, not friends." She shot back playfully, her amused smile turning to a playful grin. The rumbling laugh that followed her words was like an award to her ears, the woman glowing in pride. "So, Tobias..." The fake name felt like lemon juice on her tongue. "...shall we go forth and enjoy the evening?" Diana asked, holding a hand out with flourish towards the agent.

47'a fingertips brushed against her's for a moment before his hand pulled back, reaching to his pocket. "Close your eyes for a moment." He murmured, hand in a fist to hide whatever item he held. Without further question, Diana closed her eyes, not sure what to expect. Was this just a little show because someone was watching, or just to get into character? She wasn't sure, only aware that she put a most likely stupid amount of trust in the hitman's hands.

She could feel the taller man behind her, tensing slightly in confusion. Cold metal soon hung itself around her neck, a pendant landing in between her collarbones. Diana opened her eyes, trying to see what the necklace was, a soft smile blooming at the small, silver and gold heart. A closer look revealed a small cursive 'd' in the middle. A quick glance around revealed that there were, in fact, multiple people watching them.

Quickly, Diana spun around to throw her arms around 47's neck, relieved that he was prepared for such action. "Thank you, darling, it's beautiful." She announced loudly, deciding a kiss on the cheek would be too over the top. Resting her head against his broad shoulder gave a chance to see if people were watching, and to her relief, nobody was any longer.

"I'm glad you like it, I thought it'd complete your look tonight." 47 chuckled, now taking the hand that was previously been offered with a small, charming smile. "Though I didn't intend it to be such a romantic present." His voice lowered to an almost whisper, with a quick wink. Diana smiled more, slightly squeezing the larger hand she held.

"Still, my compliment still stands, it is a lovely necklace." She murmured, keeping in pace with the man's longer strides. Soon the invitation was handed to a guard, and the mansion was a much more grander, intimidating sight before the large entrance was passed.