EPILOGUE

Five years since I last saw her smile. Five long years since I last heard her laugh. Five years since she left us. It still hurts me to think of her but now I know she'll want me to move on. I will always love her and she'll always be my first love. Andy taught me how to love. She also taught me how to be patient. I wished she was still here so I can feel her and touch her nevertheless I am happy to know she's watching over me.

After I moved in the castle it was lonely so I asked the girls to move in with me, I asked Artemis but she said she preferred the calmness of the woods. She would visit from time to time to see us. Aphrodite and Iris had a daughter they were also living in the castle. Laura and Claire had twins this year. The rest haven't had kids yet.

We've been having a problem with a little thief lately. Those who have seen her said she was in her early twenties long blonde hair, pale skin and blue eyes. Locals say she wasn't from here she was brought by one of the ships that arrived last month. She would steal from stores and shops. The worst she has stolen was golden coins. The island was peaceful so she needed to be stopped.

"Your Majesty!" I looked at up at the young girl who worked in the castle with a smile.

"What is it?"

"They caught her" I nodded and put my crown.

"Bring her in"

Two female guards came rushing in holding her by the arm she was struggling against them. They just pushed her on her knees ignoring her demanding voice to let her go.

"Let me go!" she yelled at the two guards, I raised my hands and they let go. I stood up and walked up to her. I couldn't see her face since her hair was covering it.

"What's your name?" she ignored me. I kneeled in front of her and grabbed her chin to look at her face. When my eyes met hers I felt my breath get stuck in my throat, her freckled cheeks were rosy. Her deep blue orbs pierced right through mine and her red lips were slightly open.

"What's your name?" I whispered gently. She kept looking at my eyes for a while then finally answered my question.

"Alexis" Alexis. Beautiful. Just like her. What was I saying? I just met the girl. Well you were just admiring her beauty. I helped her on her feet she was slightly shorter than me. I extended my hand to the guard and she put the chains keys on it. I unlocked her cuffs and went back to my throne.

"Why do you steal?"

"I have to"

"Why would you steal when you could work instead?" she looked at her feet, fudging my eye contact.

"I-I don't know"

"You start tomorrow. 8am sharp. I better find you in this room before I arrive" I got up and everyone in the throne room bowed.

I went to the old garden where I first dreamed of my mothers to find Silver playing on the grass. A maid was watching her but when the maid saw me she bowed and left.

"How is my babygirl doing today?" she made grabby hands at me and I gladly picked her up.

"How's mommy's babygirl doing huh?" she held my finger with her tiny hand. I kissed it and slightly blew on it. She giggled and put her other hand on my cheek. I kissed her small nose and she grabbed a string of my dark hair and pulled it gently.

Silver was my gift from the gods just like I was to my mothers many centuries ago. Dark hair. Pale skin and a heart shaped birth mark on the back of her neck. She was one year old and she is the reason I'm holding on. She is my gift and I shall protect my daughter with my life. She will take the throne after me. She didn't have to worry about that now.

"You wanna go see grandma today?" she clapped her tinny hands and giggled.

I went to Laura's room first to tell her I was heading out; her and Claire were holding their babies and playing with them.

"Laura I'm going to see Artemis" she waved a kiss at me and went back to her business.

With that we went to see Artemis. You see. Happiness doesn't have to come from a person you wanna share your life with. It also comes from those who are around you. Those who care for you and will do anything to protect you. Happiness comes from the little things you share with your family. Sooner or later you'll find it. You just gotta be patient and holding to the things you love, to the people you love. For me, it's my family. The girls, Artemis and Melody and now my little Silver.