10: The dragon is asleep

"Do you want to go with me?"

Before the faeries showed themselves to me, I was walking on a path which was formed by the brown orbs.

"Where to, master?"

"To there"

I pointed to the direction that I was supposed to walk into a while ago and saw that the brown orbs are still there. Good, I thought it disappeared.

I was greeted by silence. I looked at the faeries and was shocked to see their reactions. Surprised? No. Confusion? No. It was Fear. Their reactions show that they are scared. But why?

"Are you guys, okay? Arrosa, what's wrong?"

Arrosa is usually the one who talks a lot. She's the one who does the explaining among the three so I asked her hoping to find an answer to their strange reactions.

"That place is dangerous"

"?"
Dangerous? But my earth magic was the one who showed me the way. And I felt a connection and a familiar warmth emitting in that place.

"Can I ask why?"

"A dragon resides there"

Dragons. One of the seven races known to excels in earth magic and specializes in combat. Just to give a further background, in the novel humans are commonly born with one element only and having two is already rare. However, the other races are born with two. Their main one is the one their race excels in. In this case, the main magic of dragons is earth magic but they could also use another one albeit weak. So it isn't as powerful as their earth magic.

"Are dragons that dangerous?"
What a dumb question I've asked. Of course, they are. But dragons have consciousness so I think they won't attack anyone unreasonably.

"They are! Imagine the size of that creature and look at us! They could easily squash us without putting effort"

"Have you seen one before?"

"Bohooo yes! They're scary"

"Did that dragon hurt you?"

"Well...no but still they are very big and very scary so they are dangerous"

I see what's going on. The weak is afraid of the strong, it's only natural. Back in my previous life, when I wasn't trained with martial arts yet and was constantly getting kidnapped, I was afraid. It was an instinctive reaction. I was weak, so I was afraid.

"I'll be with you. You can't always be afraid of the strong. If you're afraid to take risks and face your fears, how would you grow stronger?"

When I started learning martial arts, it boosted my confidence. It felt great being able to stand on the same ground with people considered as "strong".

"If something happens, I will protect you"

The three faeries looked at each other and looked at me afterwards. I cans see from their eyes that they're still scared but I also saw their determination in those same eyes.

I feel like a proud mother.

"Let's go, follow me"

I followed the path the brown orbs created with the faeries following me. Instantly as I got nearer to the place we were being led to, the surroundings also grew hotter. It was so hot I couldn't stop sweating but not too hot to the point my skin would burn.

I looked back at the faeries to check if they're okay and they look fine. I sighed in relief.

I kept walking, the faeries were flying for about 30 minutes and we finally got to our destination. It was in front of a large cave. We went inside and we instantly noticed the change in temperature. While it was hot outside, it's cold inside but not too cold.

It was dark and cold. A few minutes later, we were in this huge room with a lot of space. The room was full of paintings, jewelries, treasures and gold. Lots and lots of gold! My family was quite wealthy in my past life but this wealth is overflowing!

"Dragons are naturally greedy. If they want something, they would get it by all means possible" Mil explained while she looked at the many piles of treasures.

"Hey there's another door there, let's go"
I saw a door at the furthest corner of the room.

When we opened the door, we saw it.

We saw a dragon. An enormous dragon with black scales.

but

The dragon is asleep.