28: DRAGONS - Betrayal

"Master!"
"You're back!"
"We're glad you're safe"

That really makes me happy. I'm not alone now. I've got people who worry about me. In an unfamiliar world, I have people who care about me and I'm really grateful about that.

"Thank you for waiting! You didn't run into some sort of danger, right?"

"No! We haven't encountered a wild beast or some sort. This place is really hidden so we were safe"

"That's good to hear then. Shall we go to Skiadrum and the others now?"

It seems I've stayed there for quite some time. When we started going to the locations, the sun was still about to set but now it's completely dark. If there isn't a problem that we had to solve now then this place is really good for stargazing. Unfortunately, now is not the time for that since we have a problem at hand. Hopefully, I'll be able to stargaze someday though.

"Let's go!"
The three unanimously replied.

——

"We're here, aren't we? Why is it so quiet?"

Currently, we are at an underground laboratory but there's no one here. Wonder why we were able to find this place pretty easily? Because it was so obvious! When we went to the West, there was a clearing in the forest and at the middle of it, there's a big rock. It was so conspicuous just being there in a large, open field and in addition, the rock had an arrow down drawn to it.

"It's too obvious I'm starting to think it's a trick"
I muttered.

"I disagree. I think the supposedly "white" dragon is just too dumb fufufu~"
When Mil said that, we all giggled. Maybe because deep down, we think that there is truth in what she said.

"But where are they then?"
I highly think it is a trick but surely someone from Skiadrum's group would be able to realize, right?

But I was right. It was a trick. And I was wrong. No one from Skiadrum's group realized it was a trick.

"What are we gonna do with these potions?"

Potions varying in color are displayed on wooden shelves, filling the entire room. No matter where you look at, you could see potions with different colors. Some are red with bubbles coming out of it, orange mixed with yellow, there's also a purple one which smells awful, spreading the odor across the room. A green potion mixed with an unknown substance which I do not want to know what because of how gross it looks.

And the list continues. I do not want to say everything because if I did, I would have recited the colors of the rainbow and the colors ranging from primary, secondary and tertiary. There are also colors mixed with other colors and it looks really bad.

Whoever made this definitely does not have an eye for combining colors.

We do not know the effects of these potions so before we explored this area, Colette told us to eat her roots as it would help fight whatever substance that would enter our bodies. Arrosa also exuded her scent which helped somewhat block that awful stench.

"I highly think these potions are part of that dragon's experiments. But as much as I would like to destroy all of these, I'm afraid that it would pose severe effects such as destroying the soil if ever it comes in contact with it and killing the plants in the process"

I shared my thoughts to the faeries. I hate the "white" dragon and his followers and I want to destroy all of them but there are still innocent dragons out there and I do not want to deprive them of a place to live.

I don't want to make decisions I'm not sure of.

"I can help with that"

"Oh Mil? What do you suggest?"

"Simple. Cut a piece of my stem and put it in those potions, it would dissolve immediately and it would mess with the formula making these potions defective thus, that dragon couldn't use these!"

I nodded my head.
"Right. I do remember that you said your stems would dissolve when put into any liquid and in turn, it would make that liquid poisonous. However, I see a problem.."

Mil tilted her head in confusion.
"However....?"

"However, these potions are not made for the "white" dragon to immediately consume. There would be other dragons who would be forced in risking their lives to drink these potions so if it's defective, it would harm them and not the "white" dragon-

So if you put a piece of your stem here, it would make these potions poisonous. And when those captured dragons take a sip out of these, they would be poisoned and would lose their lives. I think it's really unfair for them"

I explained. I saw Mil lower her head and in a soft voice apologized. I forgave her immediately, I knew that she had good intentions.

"It's best if we don't do anything rash in the mom-"

I have said this before but I have incredible hearing. My hearing is so good compared to normal human beings, so I paused with my words when I heard what seemed to be footsteps. I signaled the three faeries to follow me as we went to a place in the basement to hide.

If other people would be in my position right now, I'm positive they won't be able to hear what the dragons are saying as we were in the furthest corner of the room but due to my good listening skills, I can hear their word clearly. Word for word.

And when I heard those words. A fire ignited in my heart, my heart rate increased and I was clenching my fists. Anger. I felt anger.

Someone had betrayed us.