He's Proud of You (part 2)

Sugawara's POV

-nearly a year later-

"Quit freaking out! You'll be fine!" Munnsun tries to calm me down. She puts both her hands on my shoulder firmly and looks me straight in the eye, "look, Sugawara. I would NEVER let this dipshit marry you if I knew something was up! Nothing's going to happen. And if something does, he's not going to be moving for years." I chuckle and take a deep breath.

-TIME SKIP TO VOWS BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING THAT GOES ON-

He grabs my hand, and if I'm being honest, I've been holding my breath this entire time. This vow can either explain all the good things, or all the bad things. Just don't cry and you'll be okay.

Daichi clears his throat before speaking, "uhm...Sugawara Kōushi, I don't think I knew what true happiness was before I met you...and I know you hate those cheesy things couples say in the movies so I'm going to keep this short-" I smile and nod, I really do hate those. It's in every classic.

"I promise you, my family is going to accept who you are. Every flaw, every aspect, and every positive thing about you. I promise that we'll do everything together. We'll go up and we'll go down, but that's okay. And I love you. A lot. And I don't think I'd be who I am today if it wasn't for you. Thank you." I keep my eyes shut until it was my turn to say my own, which was...something. I take a deep breath before opening the paper, re-reading the first line, "Daichi Sawamura, my companion, my support, and my first and forever love-" god this is cheesy. Really goes against his statement.

"I- uhm...I want to apologize but I also want to thank you. Thank you for the years you've spent by my side, whether it was on a happy day, or a bad one. I can't promise anything, really...but what I can promise is...to stay strong. No matter hard it gets, I'll take care of Mabel, I'll take care of you, and I'll support anything you choose, even if it's against what I think right. Because you did the same thing to me. I love you. From the moment..." I take another deep breath, "from the moment you helped me up on the first day of school, to right now. Right now, on this exact second, I love you, and that's never going to change...ever." It got really quiet so I just fold the piece of paper again, signifying I was done.

I did it. I got the hard stuff out of the way.

***

After everything, it was mostly just people scattering, dancing, talking, and saying congratulations to us. Daichi didn't let go of my hand, knowing well that I feel uncomfortable talking to people I don't know closely.

"You doing okay?" I nod, not looking up at him, "yeah, I'm okay." I breathe out, letting out the breath I've been holding all day.

"Have you been holding your breath all day?" I look up at him and nod, laughing lightly, "yeah, I guess I have."  

"Should we-"

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Congratulations, you guys!" Bokuto races over, Akaashi, his fiancé behind him.

"Speak about you. Just a couple more months and you're going to end up here too." I say, hugging Bokuto lightly, "yeah, but you guys are here today, not months from now." Akaashi explains, taking a small sip from the drink he had.

"Thank you guys anyway." Daichi says and they nod, leaving.

"Can I talk to you?" Daichi whispers and I nod, getting pulled outside. I take a deep breath, "Suga?"

"Hm?" I look up at him, "yeah?"

"Are you okay?" I nod, "mhm, I am." He gives me a not-so confident look, "I am, I promise." I smile at him and he nods, "are you sure?" I sigh, "I don't know..." he pulls me into a hug, "it's our wedding day! You can't be sad!" I wrap my arms around him as we swayed side to side, "I'm not sad, Daichi!"

"Really, Sawamura?" I smile and bow my head in his chest, feeling myself get red, "you have to get used of the name one way or another, Sugar."

"You can't call me Sugar anymore." I tease, looking up. There was no possible room between us.

"Why? Because your name isn't Sugawara anymore?"

"Nope." I smile and he shakes his head before kissing me sweetly, "but you still taste like sugar so I'm still going to call you Sugar."

"Fine." He kisses me again, "we should head back in now. Usually people don't skip their own wedding." I nod, "okay..."

"Are you going to be to okay?" I nod again, "yeah, I'll be okay."

"Okay."

"Okay..."

* * *

Daichi's POV

After the long day, and a long deserved shower, I slowly go into bed, he was already asleep. I slowly wrap my arms around him and pull him closer, "hm..." he hums, moving closer.

"Are you still awake?" He nods, "mhm.."

"Mr Sawamura. Go to sleep." I kiss the top of his head and he smiles, "is that all I have to do to see that beautiful smile? Is say your name?" He kicks my shin, not too hard but hard enough for me to get the message, "ow, that's not very nice Mr-" he kicks me again, "okay, okay, fine."

"Have you talked too much today?" He nods, "too much." I chuckle, "well, it's over today and neither of us have work for two weeks." He smiles and shuts his eyes again, "I love you..."

"Are you going to sleep?" He nods, "mhm..."

"I love you too. Goodnight."

"Goodnight~"

* * * the next day * * *

I open my eyes and find him gone, I look around to find him at the computer, "well, good afternoon, sleepy head." I get up and walk over, wrapping my arms around behind him, placing my chin on his head, "what time is it?"

"1:30 in the afternoon." I kiss the top of his head, "why didn't you wake me up?" He shrugs and turns off the computer, turning the spinning chair around my direction, "I didn't want to wake you, you were tired." I kneel down and kiss him, receiving a small hum from him, "lunch is on the stove right now, maybe another 10 minutes."

"Where's the girls?" He smiles lightly, "They're out." I nod and he reaches out, making grabbing motions. I pull him up out of the chair and keep hold of his hands, "another kiss, Sawamura." He smiles and kisses me again, "now, Sawamura, go brush your teeth."

"Yes, sir." I let go of his hands and he shoots me a smile before walking out, "I love you!" I shout.

"I love you too! Hurry up now!" I chuckle as I walk to the bathroom.

I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with you.

And your dad would be so proud of you...I know it.

***********End************

I'll leave it up to you to decide why his dad would be proud. So yeah. I hope you're all doing great : )

I'm going to take a little writing break because I've been doing it every day since August. I need a break <3

I love and appreciate every single one of you <3

Thank you for everything. I'm proud of myself.

Song - I'm watching Jacksepticeye right now but hmm... Nova Phone Homs - Averno - Sushi Soucy

Words- 1255

Finished- November 16, 2020 at 11:45 pm.

Vote

Comment

Share

- Olive <3