The Mortal Assassin

He was standing atop a tree trunk.He wore a brown tweed jacket, ideal for camouflage in the trees.Though it was a bit fashionable, he didn't want to look like a low-life person in the alleyways ANYWHERE.

This man was not someone to be messed with.His cold eyes showed that he had killed people without batting an eyelid.

He had an athletic build, pale skin colour, and a vampire smile which would drive fear into the hearts of the most bravest.

On his hip was a pistol, which had the firepower of a M16 and assault rifle combined with cranium bullets.

He switched off the safety cache on it and casually aimed it at one of the demigods at the manor through the glass.

Yes, this mortal man knew their existence.

One of his clients, a young demigod, sought help in the war against the demigods. He promised gold.But betrayed the young man in his  mid-twenties, who was the demigods employee.So naturally, he must restore balance.

He had a philosophy that he would help good and bad.

Now it was time to help the good and rid of this scum.

This young demigods name was Carl Smith. Roman legionary. 

Would be a shame not to collect my reward for arming the monster with weapons  The young man on the treetops mused sorrowfully.

You might think that a pistol bullet would never reach its target from such a distance.

Well, combined with the man's skill and firepower of the weapon, it could.

He didn't bother with a silencer.These yahoos will never be able to find an assassin as trained as him.

The crack of the gunshot pierced the night and shattered the window. All hell broke loose. People screamed and ran around like a bunch of abused sheep. 

It looked like the shot missed.

But Carl slumped dead.

He never misses.

The second Carl dropped dead, demigods scattered like ants, and checked every place they could.

But he wasn't found.

Not even his fingerprints and footprints on the tree he was previously one. 

Like a ghost.

One second he was there, and the next he wasn't.

If you did enjoy this chapter, I would appreciate if you voted on this part!