15. I HOPE LEXI COULD FORGIVE ME

JORDAN'S POV

"Got him! I finally got that asshole's location!" I jumped up from my chair. I zoomed in to pinpoint his exact location.

No! No! No!

It can't be! Graham's café? Lexi is all alone. Oh crap. I have to get to her.

I ran out of her room.

"Jordan?" I heard Mia calling my name. But Lexi is in danger. She's all that I can think off.

Lexi. Lexi. Lexi.

The elevator is not gonna stop here anytime soon! I took the stairs instead. I ran down as fast as I could.

"Excuse me. Sorry! Excuse me!" were the only words coming out of my mouth as I ran across the busy street to the alley where Lexi and I fed puppies.

It was too dark for me to stop anything, when suddenly a figure was running towards me. Clearly a woman. Sunlight caught her face.

It was Lexi! She banged into me, muttered an apology and was on her way again.

"Lexi! It's me, Jordan. Are you okay?" I asked worriedly. She spun to a stop. My worst fears had come true. Her stalker had tried to assault her before I could even get there.

"No! We have to get out of here. Now!" she spoke incoherently before falling into my arms.

"Lexi! Open your eyes! Lexi!" I pat her face gently. No response. There was no one around for help. I wrapped my coat around Lexi and picked her up in my arms. I carried her across the street to Hunt Co-operations.

"Jordan!" Mia cried out in surprise. "What happened?"

"Open the door, I'll tell you everything." I said gesturing to Lexi's room. Mia threw open the door. She helped me place Lexi down on the couch. I thought it was best to let her sleep it off and give her body rest before she wakes up again.

I closed the door behind me silently. "What happened?" Mia asked again. She guided me towards her desk. Luckily, the floor was empty since it was lunch time.

"Lexi was being stalked by someone. He was sending her texts to get her to stop talking to Jackson and me. But when she didn't, he decided to attack her in the alley way behind Graham's café." I managed to mutter.

"What!" Mia was astonished.

"Please, just don't tell anyone."

"You don't have to ask!" Mia reassured me. "But you both will have to talk to the police."

"I know. But I want her to take her time. Whenever she's ready, I am." I told Mia. She nodded response. "I'll go check on her." I saw Lexi sitting up straight, clutching her head.

She was shaking uncontrollably. I cradled Lexi in my arms as we sat in her office. Fury started building in every inch of my body. In that moment, all I wanted to do was kill that asshole. I gritted my teeth, to stop expletives from wildly running out. Lexi was okay, and that's what  mattered as of now.

Lexi was okay.

She was fine.

I kept repeating these lines to myself to stop me from busting a nerve vessel. Lexi told me she wanted to go back to my place, and I was all up for it. This was I could keep a close eye on her and take care of her.

It was hard for me to leave her alone even for a few minutes. But I had to collect my car keys and a few other things from my desk.

And I'm taking her home, back to my place, so she can be safe." I informed Mia.