Chapter 22

*This story is on-going and changes will be made along the way.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it

Please feel free to #vote on my chapters. Your support means the world to me.

NB! Adult-content | Mature | Romance

**

"I'll see you next week," I said to my manager as I clocked out of my shift

I had been working the morning shift today and it was late afternoon now so I was thankful I still had the rest of my Saturday evening to myself. It was starting to get colder and I was noticing a change in people's habits. Less people were making their way to the restaurant and I spent a lot of my time at the back clearing out some old cutlery. 

I pulled my coat closer to me and swung my bag over my shoulder as I pushed through the front doors. I was welcomed by the lingering heat from the sun peeking from behind the clouds. I dropped my head back, allowing myself to soak it in for a moment. It was nice to take in the little heat that we had left before becoming consumed by Winter entirely. I brought my head forward again, my gaze locking with his

"Giovanni?" I blurted

There he was casually leaning against his car with his hands in his pockets. My breath caught in my throat at the sight of him. He was dressed in all black except for the emerald green jersey he was sporting underneath his leather jacket. I loved him in emerald - that colour complemented his olive skin tone so well. I could stare at him for hours. He smiled a big smile and I couldn't help but mirror his happiness. 

"What are you doing here?" I skipped up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck as he instinctively wrapped his around my waist

"Hello baby," he chuckled, "I came to steal you away,"

I was so happy to see him. We had been texting back and forth but I wasn't expecting to see him today at all. Reyna and Katrina left on Thursday and I'd been swamped with shifts at the restaurant. He had been stuck in meetings all week with his team for the expansion of Mala Mia. I was convinced I was going to have a day of binge-watching something mind-numbing on Netflix but now here he was.

"Steal me away?" I cocked an eyebrow and leaned into him, "I thought you were stuck in meetings all weekend?"

"Change of plans. You and I are going out,"

Going out? A glimmer of excitement simmered from within. His spontaneous nature excited me - there was always something unexpected to look forward to with him.

"And where are we going?"

"It's a surprise,"

I pouted, "You may not know but I hate surprises,"

"You'll love this one,"

He leaned down and his lips met mine. He smelled of body wash and his strong cologne, all mixed with his natural scent to form the smell I loved so much. I cupped his face with my hand and pulled away to meet his eyes.

"You ready?" he asked, a boyish grin spread across his face

"I don't know," I chuckled, "Do I look okay? You're giving me no indication of where we're going,"

"You look perfect," he leaned down and kissed my hair, "It's nothing fancy,"

I was intrigued. He excited me. We broke away from our embrace and he took my bag from me, "Let's get going,"