Chapter 4

*This story is on-going and changes will be made along the way.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it

Please feel free to #vote on my chapters. Your support means the world to me. 

NB! Adult-content | Mature | Romance

**

I was having the time of my life.

I never expected to be enjoying this as much as I was but it's so different when you decide not to worry about what other people think. We were still on the dance floor, laughing and moving to the music. It had been a while since my last drink so I decided I needed another one. For someone who hardly drank alcohol, I seemed to be handling it better than I expected. I had noticed that the alcohol was definitely doing most of the talking tonight though. Drunk Isabella was in the driver's seat and there was no going back. 

Reyna had found a partner in some attractive man on the dance floor. We locked eyes and I made a gesture towards the bar. She winked and I knew she was not joining me - she was too interested in her new dance partner. She could put any man under her spell. I often felt bad for some of these men because she tossed them to the side as quickly as she found them.

I walked through the crowd still moving to the music. The bar was full of people but I managed to squeeze my way through a gap I found and leaned against it. I could feel my feet were aching but I ignored it – once I started dancing again, it wouldn't matter. I waved down one of the bartenders.

"Can I please get 2 gold tequilas?" I shouted

He nodded and was off.

"Are you expecting company?" A voice said from next to me. I turned to see who it was and Giovanni took his place next to me, casually leaning against the bar.

Isabella, get your shit together

"No, I can handle it myself,"

The bartender placed the two shots in front of me. I reached into my bag to grab my purse

"No, no I got this," He placed his hand against mine that was holding my purse and turned to the bartender to tell him to add it to his tab. The perks of running the club.

"I can pay for my own drink," I remarked

"I'm sure you can,"

I raised my eyebrow at him. There was a clear power struggle here and I was adamant to own it. He may have paid for the shots but I reached over to grab them both before he thought of taking one for himself. I downed the first one and then the next one. No matter how much it burned me to do that, I would stand my ground. I was annoyingly stubborn like that.

"Thank you for the shots," I placed the empty shot glasses back on the bar

I turned to leave but he grabbed my arm. I looked back at him and there was something about the way he was looking at me that made me weak. He made me forget that we were in a club full of people - he was all I saw.

"You dance Isabella?"

I nodded

He grabbed my hand and led me through the crowd to the dance floor. I was not drunk but I was intoxicated enough that my bold ambition was sitting front row. We stopped and he pulled me closer to him. The beat blaring through the speakers seeped into my body and I knew the same was happening to him. I wrapped my hands around his neck and allowed my body to move against his.