chapter 4 : amelia

"Fuck, fuck,fuck," Amelia muttered to herself as she quickly ran home.

What the hell did she just do?

She looked down at her hands, they weren't bloody thank god, but they were definitely bruised.

She opened the front door as slowly as she could, tiptoeing so no one would hear her footsteps.

She slid her back down the door, finally being able to catch her breath.

Amelia looked down at her hands again, they definitely hurt, but she smiled, knowing that he was probably hurting more.

No matter who he was, Viscount or not, he definitely deserved it.

Amelia was new to Grosvenor Square, and she were determined not to let anyone push her around.

Not like they did back home.

She stood up, exhausted, not having ran that fast in her entire life.

She quietly made her way upstairs to the room, praying no one heard her enter the house.

She entered her bedroom, closing the door behind her, exhaling a sigh of relief.

"Where were you?"

Amelia jumped, not expecting to see anyone in her bedroom.

It was her best friend, Rosalie, sitting on the bed, reading the latest Whistledown sheet.

"It's none of your business," Amelia muttered dryly.

She walked over to the closet, picking out some clothes to wear after her shower.

"Well considering, you're pretending to be me, I feel like I deserve to know."

Amelia sighed, full well knowing she was right, but she were scared to admit about what had occurred today.

Rosalie continued, "come on, if you're truly going to be Rosalie Warner and me, Miss Amelia Brimmer, I need to know where you were and what exactly you were doing. We need to get our stories straight."

"Fine," Amelia groaned, knowing her best friend was forever going to be persistent in the knowledge of her whereabouts today.

"But, before I tell you, promise me you won't get mad, or worse, laugh."

Rosalie laid on her side on the bed, her brows furrowed, as she held her hand to her chest, and crossed her fingers, "hope to die," she whispered.

~~~~~~~

    Amelia was 15 when her parents died and since the day after the funeral, she lived with Rosalie's family. Her mother was Rosalie's mother's maid and after she passed, she was taken into the Warner House. She should have felt lucky; she had no other family, she wouldn't have been surprised if the Warners simply forgot about her.

Despite everything, she never quite understood how fortunate she really was.

A month ago, when Rosalie's family decided to move to France permanently, the 2 of them were sent away to London, for Rosalie to find a husband.

Amelia were sent along to accompany her, to wait alongside her until she found a husband, and move back shortly after.

As someone who was considered lower class, she wasn't expected to participate in the season.

Something she were particularly happy about.

The two of them were sent to live with Rosalie's great aunt, twice removed, Lady Levski, whom they had never met before.