I Guess You Need an Explanation

Song Title: Marvel Ladies- Take A Hint

"I'm not really sure how to explain this, so I'll answer the questions you have." Naruto said once his friends left.

"So, you really are from the future?" Hinata asked.

"Yeah."

"How old are you?"

"22 when I traveled back, but I'm 24 now."

"What happened? I mean, how did you travel back in time?"

"There was a war... it was bad. Kurama sent us back in time to stop it from ever happening." Naruto avoided her gaze. He couldn't look at her without seeing her dead body. The blood that spilled from her mouth. Her cold, empty eyes. Not even a hint of life. Her body was so cold... before the explosion. He couldn't even find her body.

   "You'll do it, Naruto. I know you'll succeed." Hinata placed a hand on his cheek.

   The look in her eyes reminded him of his Hinata. The Hinata from his time. She was coming back to him. He didn't know when. It could be days, or years, but she was definitely waking up.

"You always have believed in me." Naruto placed his hand over hers.

"And I always will." Hinata began to fall back, but Naruto caught her.

"Well, you're still Hinata from this time." Naruto laughed. She had passed out.

Naruto kissed her forehead, and picked her up bridal style. He took her to her home, but didn't get far. Two Hyugas met him as soon as he entered. One of them took Hinata from him, and sent Naruto a glare.

"What happened?" The other Hyuga narrowed his eyes at Naruto.

"We were training, and I think she pushed herself a little too much. She just fainted." Naruto shrugged. The other Hyuga sent him a calculating look. She seemed to believe Naruto because she left to take care of Hinata.

"Thank you for bringing her to us." That was his cue to leave.

Knock knock knock

Shikaku answered the door to see a happy Naruto. He was grinning like a fool.

   "Hey, Shikaku, I have some news for Shikamaru." Naruto said.

   "Is it the reason you're so happy?" Shikaku allowed Naruto in.

   "Partly."

   "He's in his room."

   "Thanks." Naruto noticed Inoichi was at the table.

   "Hello, Naruto."

   "Hey. Anko wants to put me in therapy, so I was wondering if you could be my therapist. I mean, you're qualified and you already know I'm from the future." Naruto looked at Inoichi.

   "Of course, Naruto. I'll talk to Anko." Inoichi agreed.

"Thanks." Naruto ran in to Shikamaru's room.

"What happened?" Shikamaru had a dull tone as though he knew Naruto did something wrong.

"Why do you assume I did something bad?"

"Because you probably did."

"You know what assume makes-"

"Don't say it."

"An ass out of you and me."

"Just tell me what you did."

"Do you remember when we fought Obito because black Zetsu knows we're from the future?"

"You mean the fight that happened not even an hour ago? Yeah, I remember it."

   "I was able to hit him, so I placed my dad's jutsu on him."

   "So you can teleport to him whenever you want?" Shikamaru widened his eyes. This was a huge breakthrough. They had been there for two years, and hadn't been able to find Black Zetsu. They had already made a plan to stop Zetsu, but they still weren't ready to pull it off.

   All of them still needed to work on their more powerful jutsus, and Naruto still needed to create a new seal. It had to be strong, and Naruto and Sasuke didn't have the sun and moon seal anymore.

   "Yeah, so now we don't have to worry about that."

   "How's the seal going?" Naruto didn't like that question. He slumped his shoulders and hung his head.

   "It's still nowhere near ready. I can seal things, but five minutes later it's back again. I've asked my parents for help, and they helped a bit. The sealing time went from ten second to five minutes." Naruto grumbled.

   "Sorry I can't help. I'm not that good with seals." Shikamaru wished he could help, but Naruto had a much better understanding of seals.

   "You've got your own problems to deal with. I wouldn't want to bother you with this." Naruto said.

   "Naruto, do you think Black Zetsu is the other person your parents were talking about?"

   "No, if they knew Black Zetsu was back, they would've told us. I think they were talking about someone else." Shikamaru began making a mental list of everyone they knew. He then went by every name to see if they've been acting odd, or shown any sign off their old personalities. "I'll go tell the others. After that I think I'll go to the library. Check out more books about seals, and hope I'm able to figure something out."

   Shikamaru watched as Naruto exited his window. He went back to what he was doing. Now that Orochimaru didn't have the sand as allies, what was he going to do? Would he wait to attack, or attack during the exams? If he did attack, what would his strategy be?

———

   Hinata woke up the next day. She had an awful headache, and her body wasn't working right. It was sluggish, and she could barely think. When she tried to stand, her legs were shaking too much. She fell back on her bed.

   "Lady Hinata, how are you feeling?" Neji entered her room. He had knocked, but he didn't get an answer, so he walked in.

   "I- what's going on?" Hinata's voice was as shaky as her body.

   "You were training with Naruto. It seems you pushed yourself too hard." Neji walked up to her and felt her forehead. She didn't feel feverish.

   "No I wasn't. I was fighting... I don't remember who I was fighting." Hinata couldn't remember much, but she was certain she had died, yet she was alive. She was certain that death wouldn't feel this painful.

   "Lady Hinata, how old are you?" Neji had a guess about what was going on, but he wasn't sure.

"20, but why do you look so young, and how can I-" The memory of yesterday's training session came back to her. She was in the past. "Oh."

"I'm guessing you figured out our situation." Hinata nodded.

"But why do I still feel like I'm dying?"

"I'm guessing it's a side effect from traveling back in time when we aren't part of the group that originally traveled back. How did you die?"

"I think I got poisoned. Everything's so foggy, but I remember a little bit. Someone threw a small ball at me, and gas was released from it. I tried holding my breath, but it can effect you just by touch."

"The effects will probably last the rest of the day. I'll talk to your team. I'll tell them you are sick."

"Thank you, brother Neji."

———

   For those of you who ask questions I SWEAR I'M NOT IGNORING YOU! Wattpad doesn't let me do anything other than write. I'm not exaggerating. I can't follow, vote, comment, or anything else. Trust me. I've tried. If you ask a question I'll try to answer it next chapter. I would start a book of just answering comments, but I'm pretty sure when I try to write their name, it doesn't notify them. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

@bi__yourself
Thanks, and I'm sorry but I've already planned out that part of the book. If you have any other requests I'll see how I can try to fit it in the story.