II

***

"I don't give a fuck!" I yelled at Tray. "You know I never cared about what you do in yo' own life. Just don't bring that trifling shit around me."

"Trifling?" He looked at me like I was crazy. "Man, you tripping for real.

Tray had just got done smoking something that I ain't even need around me. "I knew you was doing illegal shit too. How the fuck you supposed to be selling this shit and you smoking it up?"

He didn't even turn around to answer me. His face was glued to the T.V screen where GTA was on. "And I know you been around that bitch too," I threw that in just to make him mad.

He instantly threw his controller down and snatched me up by my neck. The next thing I knew he was on top of me on my bed. "Stop fucking playing wit' me," he said under his breath.

"I told yo' ass I was done wit shorty." Then, he tongue kissed me. If I was light skin I know I would've been red as hell.

"Niggas say a lot of shit that's not true," I said before pushing him off of me. "I'm about to walk to the gas station. You want something?"

"You know what I like," he said. Then, he bit his bottom lip before looking me up and down. "Can I get head tonight?"

It probably sounded like I ain't answer him, but I said, "I'll think about it," under my breath, because his ass was really making me wanna end everything with him.

I quickly threw on my hoodie and grabbed my phone before leaving out of my dorm. The store wasn't too far away from me.

I could see it down the street and all the dudes that would hang out in front of it. I put in my AirPods before speed walking down the street.

Once I made it over there, I made sure I kept my head down cause I didn't want nobody speaking to me.

One man did ask me if I wanted to buy some weed off of him but I declined. In the store, I grabbed a bag of Barbecue Lays, Takis, some starbursts, skittles, AND a snickers bar.

Something about a snickers bar just did it for me. Maybe it was the gay in me. All the veins that were on the front of the bar...they reminded me a lot of...yea.

"Cash or card?" The man at the front of the counter asked me.

"Card," I replied smoothly as I stuck my card in and began to put the PIN number in. "Thank you," I smiled politely as I took my receipt and headed out the door.

Before I could even make it out, I felt a body run into mine. "Damn!" I yelled, annoyed. "You ain't see me?"

I looked up to see Kyron scurrying to pick up the bag that he dropped on the ground. "Oh shit, I ain't know that was you," I said before bending down to pick up my stuff.

He stared up at me and smirked slightly. "My bad gang." Gang?

"We not cool enough fa' you to be calling me that," I blurted out jokingly. I don't know how or why I had the courage to say that but it just came out.

All he did was laugh. He put his hands up in the air defensively. "My bad den, damn." He looked me up and down before adding, "Why you outside so late foe?"