XXVIII

It had been a little over a month since I pulled the trigger that ended Tally's life.

After that night, KyRon made sure that our crew got rid of her body as fast as possible. I didn't ask him what they did with her, because quite frankly I didn't wanna know out of fear that my conscious wouldn't let me sleep at night.

But, one thing that I could say was that we benefited from her death. Despite her not really being that known in the underworld, people still connected her to Cig.

It didn't take long for news to spread about the innocent niece, three months pregnant, who was killed in cold blood by KyRon's crew to travel around the city.

It was like our place in the streets had been solidified. We gained a new sense of respect when we rolled through blocks.

We started getting new connects, and we even got a few new soldiers. But, new soldiers meant knew snakes to look out for.

We still hadn't found the mole that was working with Tally. I had a thought on who it could've been, but without proof, I wasn't gonna bring it forward.

Not yet, at least.

Despite all of that shit though, I was happy, more so for my baby then for me. This had been something that he wanted for so long. Who knew that all I had to do was kill a pregnant girl to get us to the top?

Ky knew that despite me denying it, I did feel some type of way after I pulled the trigger, but what really had my mind racing was the discovery of my dad, who was supposedly not my real father, but a fill in for my actual father, Cig.

That revelation had shaken me to my core. I spent hours every night staring at the ceiling, trying to piece together the puzzle of my life. Why had my mother kept this a secret from me?

I felt like I couldn't talk to anyone about it either. Not even Ky. I just couldn't. But my momma always told me that talking about shit always made the situation better, and since I didn't wanna bring it up to Ky, I decided to get a therapist.

I had always thought that people who invested their time in therapists were dramatic, but now I was being a hypocrite by speaking to a five-star therapist named Chloe.

Chloe was kind, patient, and listened to me intently. I felt like I could finally open up to someone about my deepest fears and insecurities without being judged. It was a relief to have someone to talk to who wasn't biased or involved in my personal life.

Through therapy, I began to come to terms with my daddy issues and my mother's reasons for keeping it a secret.

Chloe helped me realize that my mother was most likely trying to protect me from the truth, but ultimately, it was my decision on how to handle it.

Slowly but surely, I started to feel like myself again. I still had a long way to go, but I was no longer carrying the weight of my secrets alone.

Hopefully, nobody else would find out. After all, it was nobody's business.

The only way the truth was gonna come out was if Tally came back from the dead and spilled the tea. But, since that was unlikely, Cig was the next best option.

I would kill him before he could open his damn mouth. That was, if we could locate that bitch. At this point, I was just tired of this whole petty ass war we had going on. But, I knew we couldn't just let the situation go.

Even if I wanted to, KyRon wouldn't let me. He would take control. So, I just sucked it up. Plus, if I told KyRon that he was my real father, he would probably wanna kill him even more, as sick as that sounds.