In Which He Was Convinced

Trigger warnings: suicide, self-harm, emotional outbursts, death
In Which He Was Convinced

.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.

Hizashi burst through a set of doors, a loud crash was heard as it hit the wall guard. It was late and rain was starting to fall.

Too caught up in his thoughts, Aizawa stood looking over the edge, looking at the ground, hundreds of feet below. Tears streamed down his face, falling like rain as they ran off his chin. He was on top of the ledge just looking down, no one was out. He wore a loose long-sleeved that showed bruises, cuts and scars as the ends of the sleeves blew in the wind.

"Aizawa! Please! Get down!" Yamada pleaded with the other as he warily stood at the door that was starting to shut.

His calls fell on deaf ears, that or Aizawa had just ignored him.

"Shota! Please! Get down I can't loose you too!" Tears welled up at the corners of his eyes. Yamada ran forward, grabbing Aizawa arm tenderly, but firmly.

Aizawa felt numb as he heard the pleas of his friend, his mind being taken over by the thought of Shirakumo being dead, he felt the blame on himself. He could feel the anger of the deceased. He finally heard Yamada and looked to the blonde with dead eyes.

"It isn't your fault! You don't have to do this Shota!" Yamada was starting to panic as the eyes of his friend showing nothing.

"...It is my fault, it shouldn't have been him..." Aizawa trailed off as he looked back at the ground. "I could be with mom, him, I could be away from my father and this pain filled world. I don't belong..."

The tears started falling as the rain picked up. "Aizawa, you don't have to go back to him! It wasn't your fault and Oboro wouldn't have wanted this!"

"How do you know that!?" Aizawa raised his voice as he snapped at Yamada. "Everyone that I know wants me dead! It's better if I just get it over with now so no one has to deal with me again! Its better than the pain! I can't do it anymore Hizashi!" The rain made the surface of the ledge slippery as Aizawa's knees gave out underneath him, making him fall off the side of the building.

Yamada was fast to act, grabbing Aizawa under his arm and he pulled him back up. He slipped on water, falling backwards onto the concrete roof as he crashed down with Aizawa on top of him.

"Why!? Why would you do that!?" Aizawa was close to hysterics himself as he looked into Yamada's eyes with pain and rage.

"You still have a life to live Aizawa! I know this is hard! But you can get through it! We will get through this together! I've lost too many people! I-I...I can't lose you too! I won't lose you!" He was choked up many times as he spoke. He set his hands on the sides of Aizawa's cheeks as his words were filled with emotion.

"You don't know that! I'm not strong enough! I can't be strong enough! I don't want to be strong enough! I want to be done so I can sleep! I don't want to wake up! I want to pay for what happened! Its all my fault! I don't want to live anymore! I'm just done!" Aizawa progressively got louder as he yelled, his quirk activating, not to anyone specific, his hair just floated above his head.

"Shota! It isn't your fault!" Yamada yelled, he just wanted to get through to Aizawa's head. He pulled Aizawa into a hug, holding him close and tight. "You don't have to hurt, you don't have to feel the pain. If you can't live for yourself, then please, live for me..." He tightened his grip as he spoke, not wanting to let go.

Aizawa just cried into Yamada's chest, wrapping his own arms around the blonde. He just didn't want to feel the pain anymore.

"We both lost him, but you can get used to the pain, I promise." Yamada had been through a couple deaths, in a couple years time, it gets somewhat easier to cope with. "Just please Aizawa, I can't lose you. I just can't."

The rain was pouring by now, soaking both of them to the bone.

"I'm just so...I'm so tired, Yamada, just so tired..." Aizawa's hysterics calmed down as he just sat there in Yamada's arms. He felt so numb.

"You can sleep now. I got you, Aizawa." The blonde moved one arm underneath Aizawa's legs and the other stayed as Yamada lifted the both himself and Aizawa. He started walking towards the door, carrying Aizawa bridal style. He opened the door and hoped he wouldn't have to meet Aizawa on this rooftop again like this.