|Thirteen: Way Down We Go|

Cassius was furious. He couldn't remember the last time had ever been this angry. Every time he closed his eyes he saw the image of Claudia with her hands wrapped around Sam's neck, cutting off his oxygen supply. 

Angrily, he burst through the doors of the manor, causing them to almost fall off their hinges. At the sight of the prince, their servants cowered away from him as he stormed through the hallways, gulping when they realised just how enraged he really was. His fangs were protruding from his gums, ready to rip his sister's throat out when he found her. 

"Where is she?!" The Prince yelled, watching as the elves around him shook in fear. He grabbed one of them by the throat and shoved them against the wall, watching him squirm as he tried to catch his breath. Oh how he wished compulsion worked on other magical beings. 

Another elf spoke up and shakily said, "W-We don't know, Your Highness. P-Please, let him go." 

But Cassius didn't listen, watching as he failed to gasp for breath. 

"Let him go," Someone else sternly told him. 

He dropped the elf to the ground, glaring at every servant around him before finally locking eyes with his sister. 

"You," He seethed, immediately lunging at her. His fist connected with her nose, and he felt it break underneath his knuckles. "How could you?!" He pinned her to the ground, wrapping his hands around her neck, just as she had done to Sam. He was attacking her in a blind rage, which she knew. 

Claudia also knew that Cassius couldn't kill her, not without a sunlight arrow or some sort of enchanted wooden stake. Two objects she knew he didn't have. 

Eventually she managed to push him off, but she was never one to back down from a fight. She kicked him forcefully, his back hitting against the wall loudly. Her red heel impaled his stomach, and he groaned in pain. 

Pulling it out, he felt the blood seep through his shirt and he threw the shoe right back at her. Luckily for her, those shoes weren't her favourite, and she was able to dodge the footwear thrown at her head. She hissed at him with her fangs, and he stormed towards her once again. 

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She asked, feeling him punch her in the stomach repeatedly. With all of the force he could muster, he pushed her so hard that her body flew through the large, arched window. Fragments of glass cut her skin, and she winced as she attempted to pull out the bigger pieces before Cassius came for her again. 

However she didn't have much time, as her brother was climbing out of the broken window and looking at her tired body lying on the grass. An elf was busy mowing the lawn before they disturbed his work, and Cassius apologised quickly before he did what he did. 

The lawnmower felt as light as a feather as he lifted it up over his head. Then he threw it at his sister, who screamed in pain as it squished her. 

"What's wrong with me?" Cassius laughed, charging over to her. He lifted the object from her body and picked her up by the throat, just like he'd done with the elf earlier. "You tried to kill Sam!" He reminded her. 

She kneed him in the crotch. 

Yes, it was still as painful for a vampire. 

He let her go, and she shoved him to the ground, holding him there with her foot. She dug the one heel she had left into his body, reopening the wound there that had previously healed. He moaned in discomfort, trying- but failing- to remove the makeshift weapon from his body. 

"Yeah I did. He's an angel, and contrary to popular belief, they're not good people. They're dangerous to us," Claudia explained, but she knew her brother had heard it all before. Of Cassius wanted something, he never stopped until he got it. In his eyes, Sam was another beautiful person to obsess over to avoid his royal duties.