31

It's 11:30 and the store is still open for the closer employees. They were the one's who were assigned to clean-up before closing the store at 12. My shift ends 30 minutes ago and I am waiting for Lisa now, I called her but her phone's down.

"Hey? Aren't you going home?" Kai asked. His also a worker here, and was assigned at the tables. My first day was so far so good, my boss treats us well and I've made good friends, including Kai.

"I just have to wait for my girlfriend, she's fetching me" I could see the shocked on his face. When we got together, I found out that Lisa got jealous easily since she's acting different every time Seulgi was brought to the conversation.

That's why I don't want to give her reasons to doubt because I love her and I don't want us to fight. So as early as now, this new people should know that I'm in a relationship, and with a girl.

"Oh. Are you....?" I know what he's going to ask.

"I really don't like putting labels to myself, it just happened that I fell in love with a woman" I simply answered. Kai didn't asked me again and goes back to the kitchen, he's part of the closer employees.

Minutes have passed and Lisa's still not here. Where is she? And if she fell asleep I will know because she's with Rosie and my Cousin.

Another ten minutes and it's 11:50 already, 10 more minutes and the store will close which means I have to wait outside.

I decided to call Rosie and when she picked up she said that Lisa is not with them.

So, where is she?

Now it's 12 already and the rest of the employees are starting to go home. I stood up and decided to wait outside, I have no choice anyway. I just hope Lisa will be here soon.

Then, I saw Kai exited the place with the keys in his hand. So he will be the one locking the store. When the store closes, he saw me.

"Jennie? You're still here?" he walk towards me.

"Yeah, Lisa's a bit late" I told him.

"So, Lisa is the name" he said and I nod. I don't want to be rude but I don't want Lisa to think negatively if ever she'll come anytime and I was left here talking to Kai.

"Aren't you going home?" I asked when he's still standing beside me.

"I can't leave you here, especially at this hour" I turned to face him and his hands were inside his pocket.

"It's fine Kai, besides I'm sure Lisa is on her way now. It's really fine" I said but Kai shook his head.

"I really can't leave a girl alone here Jennie. Or does it make you uncomfortable? I'm sorry" I felt guilty on what I acted so I told him.

"Hey no! I'm just....it's late and you need to go home" I told him.

"Exactly, it's late and you need to go home so I can't leave you here" I sighed because I know I can't win against him. I look at my watch and it's 12:20 already. Kai and I were just silent, I really felt bad on my actions so I decided to start a conversation with him.

"Kai?" he turned his face to me.

"Yes? What is it?" 

"Why is the store not open for 24/7 like the other shops?" I curiously asked. 

"Because all employees here are students. Ms. Denise understands our situations so she doesn't want to open midnight up until the morning so we could relax, you see she's really a good person" so that is why all my co -workers were on my age.