Chapter 18

Jennie moves to the door with a smile. Her heartbeat already fluttering wildly at just the sound of the key moving through the lock and the familiar jingle of a very specific keychain on the other side.

Barefoot as soon as she walked in from her long day, her shirt untucked from her skirt and dreaming about the beer she has in her fridge, she pauses her own routine of resettling in her home. Everything else flies from her head as soon as she sees Lisa there on the other side, opening the door and kicking her heart into overdrive.

She walks in wearing a skirt that makes Jennie's hands itch and a drapey blouse that hangs low, hinting at cleavage.

Lisa is quiet and thoughtful, setting her things down carefully and looking at Jennie with her head cocked to the side, eyes wide and puppyish. There's a smile that burrows into her cheeks.

Jennie steps into her space, wrapping her arms around Lisa's waist and pulling her close, into a hug that feels better than it has any right to.

"Hi. You okay?" Lisa asks softly.

Jennie nods against her, taking a deep breath and letting out a contented sigh.
She shifts her body to look up at Lisa who wears a look of gentle concern.

"It was a long day."

"It was." There's a soft smile now. Jennie's smile.

Her arms slide up around Lisa's neck, fingers brushing along that jaw she loves to nip. She tries to tilt Lisa's head down and bring their lips together, but eyes suddenly gleam with mischief and she holds firm.

"Lis," Jennie whines.

She tugs harder but Lisa will not give. Changing her tactics, Jennie rises up on her toes to shorten the distance between them, but Lisa still ducks her head and avoids her lips.

"Lisa, come on."

Lisa giggles and it's so beautiful.

It blooms inside of Jennie she wants to swallow it.

And she wants to hear it again and again and again. Commit it to memory.

She tries to kiss Lisa one more time before letting go of her with a huff.

"Heels today, huh?"

"You love these heels, Jennie." Lisa purrs, hands gripping Jennie's waist now and bringing them back flush together.

It's only then that she lowers her head and meets Jennie in a greedy kiss.

"I do, I do love those heels," Jennie says against her lips, before sweeping her tongue along Lisa's and deepening the kiss.

When they break apart, it is with a smile that spreads from one mouth to the other.

"Hi," Jennie whispers. Brushing lips together briefly.

"Hi," Lisa answers with that smile she reserves for Jennie.

She works at Jennie's buttons, eyes darkening.

"Lis…"

"Hmm?" she feigns confusion, tugging each button through its hole and spreading the shirt wider around Jennie.

"I ordered dinner already…"

"Did you?" One perfectly shaped eyebrow rises, but her eyes stayed glued to the skin being revealed on Jennie's chest.

She laughs at that and tries to brush Lisa's hands away. "Yes, I did."

"What did you order?"

"Sushi. I got it from the expensive place you like because you always gripe when we don't."