Chapter 101 : Zeus

And here I was, thinking I'll finish this book in 100 chapters.😅

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Ares was a potential equivalent to the deadly sin, Wrath.

Zeus didn't care much for Ares,

Once during his infancy,

Ares was abducted by two giants but Zeus paid little attention to this.

Ares was eventually released by Hermes.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The cold water hit me like a brick wall and before I knew it, I was sinking

The cold water hit me like a brick wall and before I knew it, I was sinking. My hair had pulled out from its bun and swirled around me in an eddying motion. I panicked and kicked, determined to find something to cling to. Luck was on my side.

My hand latched onto one of the huge rocks that protruded out of the lake. Using the secured support, I broke through the watery surface and swallowed huge gulps of air. I crawled unto the rock. Water dripped from the tip of my hair to my already damp clothes. I shivered.

Lamia screamed and I turned.  The second cave had decimated into nothing but dust and rocks. I managed to escape its death trap by the skin of my teeth but Lamia wasn't so lucky. She was half-buried under a pile of boulders that had sealed the minor cave's initial entrance. She clawed at the ground, trying to pull herself out.

I sighed in relief, knowing she was trapped and my abilities didn't affect the main cave. Otherwise, we would've been buried by now. My thoughts switched back to the original plan.

Zion.

I pushed myself up and leaped from one stone to another, heading for land. My muscle screamed in protest but I ignored it. If I don't release Zion, Eros and Liam will be overwhelmed any minute now.  I slipped on one rock but regained my footing. I exhaled and continued. Maybe I wouldn't be so afraid of the water if Pedro was around.