Chapter 52 : Alcove

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

A primordial deity in Greek mythology,

He lived in a cave next to his twin brother, Thanatos,

Deep in the underworld

Where no light was cast by the sun or the moon.

Hypnos, the god of sleep.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

It's Saturday morning!

The sun sparkled and the birds chipped away to their heart's content. But was I bathing under the morning heat?

Nope.

I was down in some basement. Eros was right when I asked about booby traps; there's a whole passageway hidden beneath the building. We were on our way to what Liam had called 'the garage'. I was finally ready for training and the idea made me so nervous and jittery.

Is Liam going to fight me? Will I kick his butt? Will I fight Zion and his voodoo lightning?

I had pushed aside last night's nightmare, concentrating more on today's agenda.

Zion, Liam, and I walked down a set of stairs. The wooden planks creaked under our weight and the air smelt stale and dusty. The walls on both sides seemed to be covered in soot. I tried to avoid them as much as possible.

"Where's Gwen and Pedro? " I asked rubbing the wall with my fingertip. It came out black.

The last time I saw Pedro was when we met at Ero's office about an hour ago. Right before Zion pulled him away to talk. Since then, Pedro has been missing.

"One of Eros' bouncers has volunteered to help Gwen with her origin. She won't be joining us anytime soon." Liam glanced at me, his grin wide with excitement.

"Why won't she join combat training?" I said, twirling the edge of my new tank top.

"Oracles are pretty hard to find. They prefer to not risk themselves in battle but rather hone on their gifts, focusing more on foreseeing tragic events," Liam said as we walked down a dark narrow passageway.