Chapter 77 : Trapped

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Psyche was famous for her beauty.

And the whole world rushed to see it.

But the Goddess Aphrodite envied her.

She asked her son, Eros, to curse the poor soul.

But it backfired.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

My mind drifted to one of Mr

My mind drifted to one of Mr. Metallicbutt's Greek classes. The story of Eros and Psyche had fascinated him as a mythology tutor. So much that he explained their story with so much depth and vigor.

Eros' mom -- Aphrodite -- had envied Psyche so much that she wanted her out of the picture. It was a cruel story, but I didn't have time to go through the details.

"I heard she'll be the one to find you here in Star-crossed Inc."

Eros tilted his head, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion, probably wondering where I got the information. After a moment, he replied. "It's a prophecy. One I can't ignore."

Some part of me wanted to give my condolences; pat his back and say 'everything will be alright'. But It'll only make things awkward. "What if she's still trapped in a human?"

Eros stared at me with a calculating gaze like he was trying to discern my reaction. He responded after a few seconds. "Then she's yet to ascend. Either way, I can't let that human out of my sight. Who knows if it's the last I'll meet her. I can't risk it."

I bit my lip. "The human might probably reject any conversation with you."

He scoffed under his breath and leaned against the railings. "You think that's gonna stop a Greek god? Let me tell you something Poppy..."

"It's Penny."

"...nothing can prevent us from reuniting with our beloveds. It's a serious offense to come between the two. A mere human won't stop me from having Psyche back. The same goes for Hera when she ascends. As a queen, she'll do whatever it takes to have Zion by her side, regardless of who's conscious. It's inevitable."