38: Reversed

Ahem... there's some smuff in the middle of this so when you see Colin pull out his belt, skiddadle if you're a smol bean ;)

Also, don't forget to press the star and drop *Le Vote* ☆

"I already tried on the suit, Amy. It's a perfect fit," Colin spoke into his phone, looking over his shoulder to the balcony where the wind just banged the door. He could have sworn it was shut.

"Yeah, but I haven't seen it on you," his sister replied right before she yelled orders surrounding a bow tie which was the wrong shade of gold. Things had been like that for the past few days, and Colin only prayed her Bridezilla phase would end the night before the wedding. She complained about every single thing and had broken down in tears in front of the bridal party several times. If he didn't know better, Colin would swear she was having pregnancy mood swings.

"Michael has. Said it was great. Isn't that enough?" He walked to the balcony, leaning on the railing and looking down at the kids who played by the pool. One girl with pigtails sat on the edge, swinging her pale legs in the water while watching the others splashing and diving under.

In some ways, the girl reminded him of Lily, and it brought a smile on his face, the feeling of losing himself in nostalgia almost making him miss Amy's words.

"Michael has no sense of fashion and would wear a toga to our wedding if I let him. He doesn't count," she scoffed. "I need to see you in that suit."

"You'll see me in it in four days. That's not long."

The sheer anger and heaviness in her tone had Colin's eardrums bursting. "That's the wedding day! Colin, you better get your ass here in full attire or I swear I'll---"

He cut her off, deciding in his mind to end the call before she could threaten him. "You'll murder me, I know. Love you too, Amy. Bye."

As Colin was slipping the phone into the pockets of his sweatpants, he caught sight of a new notification at the top of the screen.

Pikachu:
Are you free tomorrow?

For the longest time, he could only stare until the screen faded to black and the evidence of contact with Peter disappeared. He texted. The message had arrived in the middle of his call with Amy. Normally, he would ring Peter, pick at a chance to hear his voice and tell him how much he had longed to hear from him. But things were different. He sent a text too.

Colin:
I am

Peter's reply came in shortly. In a couple of seconds, really.

Pikachu:
Come to Recreational Coffee tomorrow at 2. The one on my campus.

Colin:
Are u asking me out on a date??