Chapter 3: Arrival in America

Pilot: GOOD DAY TOGETHER! We will be landing at Miami International Airport in 5 minutes. Be ready to exit the plane, and please stay seated until the plane is really on the ground. We apologize for the difficulty of thinking we were going to crash. It was really close. Well we will fix the problem. You will receive a $500 shopping gift coupon as compensation. The coupons will be given out at the gate. Thank you for the flight and have a nice day.

————————————————————————

The plane arrived and everyone left the plane. The weather there is super warm, and it's sunny. All the people were mega happy that they arrived in one piece after all, and not deadly. Victoria, Marijetta, Peeta, Aaron and Louna picked up the baggage at the airport, and they went on their way. They then went by bus to the 8 bedroom penthouse. The penthouse is located right on the beach. The penthouse was newly built, and they had that built on their own. When they finally arrived at the penthouse they were so excited when they saw the house. They just fell in love with the house immediately. And didn't even want to leave. They unpacked their stuff and did a few things.

- picture from penthouse -

A few days later:

The friends have started to integrate and had their first day at work.

***********************

Victoria's POV:

I woke up at 7am because today is my first day of school. I finally make a study as a psychologist. Likewise, I ate breakfast with Marijetta, because she goes to the same school as me, because she is starting her studies as a lawyer. Victoria went with Marijetta by car to Florida International University. There is a university with over 165'000 students. I was so damn nervous. I entered the university for the first time, excited and with a little tingle in my stomach. Not only that, but I knew now my life would be better, away from bad people, away from mean teachers in Switzerland. The first day of school had come. I was excited. This school day was the best first school day of my life. At the beginning I felt totally uncomfortable here because there are 70 students in one class, but with time I could get to know the people. The atmosphere, the teachers, the students, everything was pretty comfortable here. Yes, I can't say that I'm disappointed. It is hard, but I have the chance to do my dream job. At 11:30 a.m. I waited for Marijetta so that we could go home together. There I am excited what she tells me.  In the afternoon I just have free, because today was my first school day.

***********************

Marijetta's POV:

I also woke up at 7 o'clock like Victoria. I go to the same university with her. Today is my first day of school as a student. I am so damn nervous, and I want to learn my dream job. Victoria took me to Florida International University. Victoria learned to drive in Switzerland, so she can drive us around here, what an honor woman. I am happy that something new is coming my way. New people, new teachers, new culture. Just everything. When I entered the university. Oh MY GOD. It just looks soo huge and beautiful. Then I went to the classroom and the classroom are huge too. There are about 50 students in one class. So really huge. I sat right in the back row. Now a tall blonde lady entered the classroom. It got quiet and we had to stand up. After the greeting, the morning prayers were said, which I think is really weird but yeah. She wrote her name on the board, "Professor Mitchell." She asked us to follow her into the church.

I was just thinking to myself: sorry but what do I want in church? To pray or what? I'm there to study, not to pray. My God!!!

The small monastery church was filled to capacity. After the bell rang, ten priests and two altar boys entered the church to pray. I had never seen so many priests around one altar table. The director, Tom Lewis, welcomed the new students. Then he spoke of a sun in the altar area. I didn't know if he meant the big round glass window on the roof from which light was shining on the altar or the Virgin Maria aka Jesus without a beard.

WTF but yes I don't know why I'm there either?!

After mess, we went back to class and the blonde lady handed out the school books. Then at eleven o'clock she finally let us go. We had the afternoon free because it was the first day.  Victoria was waiting for me at 11:30, so we could go home and had something for lunch.

- picture from Florida International University (FIU)-

————————————————————————

*Victoria and Marijetta are sitting at the table eating lunch*

Marijetta: How was your first day at school?

Victoria: Yeah, it was okay. I was just nervous as hell, and we're 70 freaking students in a class, isn't that crazy? How was yours?

Marijetta: My school day was freaking weird. We are 50 students in a class, but you don't know what the hell we did. We have a professor named Mitchell, and she's a blonde. That was the professor and her name is Mitchell. Okay, well the whole class just stood up when she came in. I couldn't get out of it, but I just followed the other students. And then you know what the hell she said?

Victoria: Wtf, that sounds really strange, and then what did she say?

Marijetta: Yep, she just said, So we're going to church together now, and please follow me.

Victoria: Oh ... my ... Gosh... she didn't do that or? Sorry I would prefer to go to hell than go and rot in church. I fucking hate church.

Marijetta: You said it. I hate the fucking church too! Yeah, well we went into the church, and then we took a seat and then 10 priests and 2 altar boys came into the church altar area. And I have never seen so many priests in my fucking life. That was new to me but why the hell did we have that on the first day? For what? Then the priest was blabbering about some sun and I don't know if he meant the round stained-glass window on the ceiling or the Virgin Maria. I just thought to myself: What the hell am I doing? Yeah, then after mass we went into the classroom and Mrs. Mitchell handed out the school books and finally dismissed us.

Victoria: I don't know what to say. But this is the freakiest story I have ever heard in my life. Going to church on the first day of school where nothing has to do with the job. Fine. But what the heck. Now I hope that tomorrow is an another day for you!

Marijetta: Yes, I hope so too. Ey Vicky let's go to the sea for a refreshing drink?

—  Vicky is Victoria's nickname  —

Victoria: Oh yes, good idea!!!

*Victoria and Marijetta went to the beach and tanned*

***********************

Louna's POV:

Today is my first W.......