SIXTYONE

I can't even get any peace. Five times someone has come into the room, clanged the crate then just taken off. I'm exhausted, I just wanna sleep. I closed my eyes, yearning to be left alone. The door swung open, banging against the wall. I groaned loudly and thrust my foot against the bars.

"Can't you just leave me alone for 5 minutes?" I growled. I heard a high pitched giggle sound out in the room, "Didn't your daddy tell you to not come in here alone?" I cackled. I strained my neck to look at her and she was smiling at me. She came over to the crate and sat crossed-legged on the floor.

"I heard you killed your mum, that must have been hard." She muttered, staring at the floor. "Not really. I mean, sure it was harder because I couldn't shift but I managed just fine." I sassed. She sighed and brushed her hand through her hair. "Are you here for any specific reason?" I snapped.

She took a deep breath then sighed. "Can't you have a serious conversation?" She mumbled. I chuckled and shook my head. "Not with you," I retorted. She groaned and dropped her head into her hands. "I'm trying to help you." She sighed. I glared at her. "Help me? You helped me plenty already. You were involved in the whole Matebane fiasco. You also happened to have killed my dad, oh and shall we speak about Rhydian?" I deadpanned.

She breathed out harshly. "I know. But now I want to help." She whispered. "I don't believe you." I shot. She took a deep breath and sighed again. I guess listening to her couldn't hurt. I'm stuck in here so this will pass the time I guess. "I'm listening, go ahead," I ordered.

We brainwashed him. We wiped his memories, he doesn't remember anything from his past. But he's not come back so I think he's remembering again.

"What are you going on about?" I questioned, getting annoyed. She glared at me, "Just listen." She snapped.

Our Alpha has a friend in the witch community that helped with the memory potion. We all told him his family had died and only he and his mum survived. He didn't know what pack he was from, we told him it was an old one that was destroyed. He knew he was different, he knew his wolf was different. Our Alpha and my dad helped him the best they could with his temper and the shifting. He trusted us because well, why wouldn't he?

"Who are you talking about?" I asked quietly. Memories wiped... Different Wolf... No, it can't be. She looked at me sadly, her eyes told me my assumptions were correct. I felt my eyes welling up and my vision was getting blurry.

We killed his mate and blamed it on your pack. We knew it would send him into a frenzy and he'd be out for blood. Benjamin knew you would try and lead him away. He just didn't think of being near you and the pack would trigger his memories. He underestimated the power of the twin bond.

I gasped violently for air. "I felt him die." I wheezed. She shook her head, "No, you felt his pain. Whilst he was unconscious, the witch put the curse or spell on him." She explained. "That's why you would have felt his death." She whispered.

I wiped my eyes which was futile as the tears kept falling. "Why are you telling me this?" I sniffled. "Because they're on their way here." She announced. "I know Alex will be with them and the drug will be gone out of your system soon, I don't like my odds against two Dark Wolves." She shuddered.

We captured a witch, we knew she helped you after Noah. She had answers about your Wolf and our Alpha didn't want you knowing. I don't know what she knew, my Alpha killed her when she wouldn't speak about you.

He wants you because he wants to populate the wolf community with Dark Wolves. Alex can't reproduce a Dark Wolf, the witch had a spell that could trigger the red eyes of a Dark Wolf. Alex's son didn't have the DNA of a Dark Wolf.

"He's got a son?" I blurted out, interrupting her. She nodded and smiled sadly. "He does but he doesn't know where he is. Alex calmed down a hell of a lot after his son was born, my Alpha didn't like it so he told him they were sending him away to keep him safe." She explained. My eyes widen, "And he let him?" I asked shocked. "Alex thought it would be best. They manipulated him, he's never really been in control of anything." She mumbled, "Well, apart from his wolf." She chuckled.

Alex didn't know about anything to do with you. He didn't know about the Matebane or the Seer. They were supposed to be sending someone to use the Matebane again, someone that was unmated and would be able to mark and mate with you. They scrapped that idea when they saw Noah warn you.

I took a deep breath trying to rid my mind of Noah. "Why the sudden change of heart?" I questioned. "I've met my mate but they don't know. I'm pregnant with twins and I want to go live with him." She sighed. I nodded and smiled at her. As much as I hate what she's done and I loathe her, she's pregnant with two innocent pups... They deserve a decent life.

"When you see Alex, tell him I'm sorry and that my sister did love him." She whimpered. I nodded at her. "I will." I agreed. I took a deep breath then sighed. "Go now and don't look back. Give your pups a decent start at life, away from here and just redeem yourself." I blurted out. "Really? You're just going to let me live after what I've done?" She gawked at me. "You have two innocent pups growing inside of you, if I didn't let you live that would make me as bad as them," I replied.

A tear slipped down her cheek and she quickly swiped it away. "What about you? I can go find the key and let you out?" She offered, jumping up. She dusted her trousers off and smiled down at me. I chucked and shook my head. "Get out of here before Rhydian gets here," I instructed. She frowned at me and looked deep in thought, she was contemplating on what to do.

"Oh please, I'm a Dark Wolf," I smirked. She grinned at me and giggled. "I owe you my life." She answered back quickly and hurried to the door. "Make good choices," I called out as she ran out of the door.

'Amaris?'