EIGHTYFIVE

"Shall we go?" Rhydian whispered. I nodded and sighed. I knew deep down I wouldn't be able to have pups. I just thought maybe something might go right for me for once. Rhydian stood up and held his hand out for me, I took it as he helped me up.

I took a deep breath then glanced at him, "Do you- Are you?" I stammered. "I love you." He exclaimed, staring at me. I smiled at him and nodded. Although he said nothing would change, I needed the reassurance. "Let's go home... You can relax and I'll sort out Cory's room." He muttered as we left the office. 

"We need to know what colour he would want." He mused as we walked through the corridors, I hummed in response. "Oh, wait! I can mindlink him!" I blurted. He glanced at me and raised a brow. "I mind linked him when Alex and I were in the forest with him," I explained. He nodded and smiled. 

"Hey, Cory," I muttered into the link. I didn't know if he would remember he could link me and I didn't want to scare the poor pup. "Amaris?" He shrieked. I chuckled openly through the link, "It's me. Remember I mind linked you when you were with Alex and me?" I replied. 

"Oh, I remember." He answered happily. Hearing his voice has cheered me up and the ache in my heart has lessened. "What colour bedroom would you like? We're setting up your room so you have everything for when we come and get you." I explained. I heard him gasp through the link and a little sniffle. "Um, could I have like a night sky, please? With the moon and stars." He replied excitedly. "Of course you can. We'll see you soon, Cory." I smiled to myself as he replied: "I can't wait to come home.

I squeezed Rhydian's hand as we ended the conversation. I left the mind-link open so he can reach me whenever he wanted to. "He would like a night sky bedroom with a moon and stars." I smiled at Rhydian. He nodded, grinning. "That we can do." He expressed. We left the hospital and headed straight to my house. "Do you think we can get everything ready for him?" I sighed. He smirked at me and winked. I didn't miss the way his eyes sparkled with mischief. "What are you planning?" I raised my brow at him and he stopped me before I could turn the corner to my house. 

He stood in front of me and placed his hands on either side of my face. "I want to give you everything, Amaris. If I could give you the world, I would." He professed. I held my breath as he continued. "I want to lead by your side... Whether that is as the Alpha or your Luna." He breathed. My eyes went wide and I coughed on the breath I was holding in. "You're an Alpha. I would be happy stepping down and letting you take your throne." He took a deep breath and smiled at me. "I love you, Red." He leaned forward and gently pressed his lips against mine. 

He pulled back and wiped the tears that had fallen. "I l-" I started, but the words wouldn't come out. I shakily let out a breath, looking at the floor. He raised my head, resting his hand on my cheek. I smiled weakly at him before leaning forward and pressing my lips against his. I poured all my feelings into the kiss, if I can't physically say what I want to, my actions sure as hell do it for me.

I pulled away breathless, resting my forehead on his. "I love you too, Red." He sighed breathlessly. "And I'm not the only one that loves you." He mentioned. I furrowed my brows at him as he gave me a quick peck on my cheek. "Come on." He exclaimed, grabbing hold of my hand and pulling me around the corner. "Goddess, Rhydian." I screeched. He chuckled and stood behind me with his arms around my waist. 

"The pack love you." He whispered. "Word has gotten around about us taking in Cory and they have all rallied round to help." He added. He rested his chin on my shoulder and sighed contentedly. I gawked as I took in the sight... There were so many people stood outside of my house, all had different sized bags with them. Lucas stepped out from the middle of the crowd and winked at me. I quickly wiped my eyes and spun around to Rhydian. 

"You did this?" I gasped. He shrugged innocently and his lips curled up into an affectionate smile. I crashed into him and hugged him tightly. He returned the embrace before placing a chaste kiss on my forehead. "Come on, beautiful. We have a bedroom to sort." He whispered. I turned around and my eyes went wide. In front of Lucas was Cory with a massive grin on his face. I squealed and ran towards him as he started towards me. 

He jumped into my arms and giggled. "Lucas came to get me." He guffawed as I spun him around. "I'm so glad you're here," I whispered before putting him down on the ground. "Well, shall we go inside?" I asked, beaming at him. He nodded his head quickly and gave me a beautiful smile. I glanced back at Rhydian and he jogged over to us. Cory took hold of both of our hands and we walked together towards the house. 

"If you get too overwhelmed or need a break, just let me know," Rhydian spoke through the link. I peered over at him and nodded. We greeted all the pack members who were there. Rhydian and Lucas started giving orders of what to do. Soon, everyone was rushing around in different directions. I stood there with Cory, not sure what to do. 

"We have some paint here for his bedroom." Someone said from behind me. I turned around and smiled, "Thank you, David." I recognised him as a pack warrior. "It's ok. Anything to help." He smiled before heading into the house, carrying 4 tubs of paint. I glanced down at Cory, "Do you want to help paint or are you hungry?" I asked. He pondered for a second before smiling up at me, "I'm a little hungry." He replied shyly. "Well, let's get some food inside of you." I smiled. 

"I'll be there soon, just going to see if I can help with anything." Rhydian bubbled, pecking me on the cheek then ruffling Cory's hair. I led Cory into the house and straight to the kitchen. His little eyes observed everything, taking in all the details. "Your house is pretty." He gushed. I lifted him onto a stool and giggled. "It's your house now too." I poked his nose gently and he scrunched his nose up laughing. 

I rustled him up some food and we chatted about different things, getting to know each other more. Rhydian joined us after a little while, they both sat at the kitchen table watching me cook. "I'm happy to be living here with you both." Cory hummed as he watched me cook. "We're happy too, Cory," Rhydian replied, smiling down at him. 

Cory won't understand, that right now, I need him just as much as he needs me.