Chapter 28

A/N: This is the second chapter for today's update. if you have missed the previous one, go and check that out. 

Warning: end of the chapter deals with Draco's past with Lana. Mentions of Rape. Read with caution.

********

Elta was a good friend. A very good friend. As much as I want her to wake up, she could have woken up at a good time. But then again, when have things gone the way we want them to go?

I did not know who called Nox, but that star came in a jiffy. The main gate had crumpled when he came in.

Gaelan sighed. "Damn you, Nox. I have to pay for this damage now."

Nox did not pay any heed to his words. "Wh-who did you say was awake now?"

Thuban stared at him. "Nox?"

Nox held the collar of Thuban's flimsy shirt and shook the other star. "Who did you say was awake now?"

As if that jerk woke him up, Thuban released himself from Nox's hold and took a few steps back. "Nox?"

"Fucking tell me!" Nox yelled.

"Elta is awake," Antlia quipped helpfully. "That's what Thuban told."

"She is?" Nox asked in a small voice. This time, it was directed at Taurus.

"I felt it a few minutes ago," Taurus admitted. "I thought that something was just messing with me. After all, I personally put her to eternal sleep. How can she be awake after a few thousand years of sleep?"

Nox stumbled back until he hit the wall and slumped down. "She is awake."

Antlia licked her lips. "You are Elta's Soul-Bound, aren't you, Nox?"

Thuban glared at the girl and then at Nox. "He is not."

I frowned. This was nothing in line with the male I knew. "He is, Thuban."

"Elta will not recognise the bond then!" he said. "Where was he all her life? I was there for Elta. It was me. I was the one who nursed her back to health when she fell sick before the Three Path War. I was the one who held her from falling apart when she was about to die in the Kelp confusion during Bind Wars. I was the one who looked after her all this time, Draco. Not him. How can he claim to be her Soul-Bound?"

Nox's eyes flashed silver. "That's because she never loved you enough for you both to be Soul-Bound."

Thuban sneered. "Never loved me enough? She went to the third region of the River of Souls for me, Nox. Scouted the poison lands for me. Gambled with Qamar to write a better fate for me. Asked her father, the previous Lord of Kelp Confusion, to make me the heir. How is this not love?"

Nox was a streak of light when his fist landed on Thuban's jaw.

Thuban laughed, rubbing his jaws. "That's right, Nox. That's all you will ever be. She does not even know you exist. Her heart holds only me. What can you do? Kill me and make her hate you more? Or... let me live and see me and her live happily together?"

Nox was about to hit him again, but Gaelan held him back. "Can't you see he is just goading you? Soul-bonds are much stronger than any love, Nox. Thuban already lost."

"That's cause Surva is heartless," Thuban spat. "She knew our feeling, yet refused to unite us. She is the cruellest life I ever know."

Gaelan pushed Nox behind him. "What do you know about love, Thuban? Know about Soul-Bond? Is it Nox's fault or yours?"