Chapter 32

After we freshened up, we left our room. The fact that he was wearing my shirt - yes, it was tight for him - made me want to fly.

I had worn all my rings and my chain. It was a thick silver chain that Sean once got me when I professionally became a hacker. He said it completed the look. From that day, this chain had always stayed with me whenever possible. I took it off if I had a mission, for I could not afford to lose it. I had taken it off the night I assassinated Somsak. And I met it after so long.

I pulled on another black jacket and tied my laces. Taurus came and breezed through my closet and was searching for something.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

He did not reply but kept searching.

"I could... you know," I said. "Help you."

"I want a jacket," he said, and then frowned at me. "Something cool. Like you."

I laughed. This businessman who wore formal was hot in casual clothing. Thankfully, we had Soul-Bonded before anyone saw us in this attire of his. He wore a white t-shirt and faded jeans. His hair was tousled, and he wore a bracelet of mine.

I shook my head at this tiny hyrax. I pulled out a leather jacket and handed it out to him. "Try this on."

He slipped his hands in it and posed himself in the mirror. I gave his image a flying kiss. "Why don't you try modelling next?"

He shook his head. "Not into the entertainment industry. And why would Torre go for modelling?"

I shrugged. "You seemed into it."

He walked towards me and pulled me by my lapels. "I want to model for you and you alone. Why would I make a business out of it?"

I gulped. "Fair."

Smirking, he left the room. I smiled and followed him out. When I came down, I saw a note saying that food was in the fridge and if I wanted to have it; I had to heat it up.

To emphasise this much on food, I opened the fridge and a huge bowl of pad kra prao was waiting for me. From that fragrance, I knew it was Kanya who made the dinner. Grinning widely, I heated it up and set the plate for two.

Taurus frowned. "What are you doing? You are a pulsar... you don't need food."

I licked my lips at the food. "I may not need it, Taurus, but this vampire can sure cook. She makes the best food. Try it yourself. You might want to kidnap her as our personal chef."

He scoffed and then took a bite. One bite was all it took. Within seconds, he gobbled everything. He smiled in satisfaction. "That was truly magic. Who is the cook?"

"Kanya," I answered, taking my food slowly. "She... she used to be Dave's slave. Yesterday, my mom met with Zoya. Kanya must have cooked this. Since my mom knows I like her cooking, she must have brought it."

"She went to meet Zoya," Taurus asked, stealing a spoon from my plate. "How did Kanya come into the picture?"

"Kanya and Zoya live together," I said.

He nodded. Just as I finished with my breakfast, my phone rang. Putting it away for washing, I picked it up. Behind me, Taurus went ahead to do the dishes.

I accepted the call. "Mom?"

"Woke up now?" she asked in a lazy voice.

I frowned and checked my call log to see that she had called me thrice in the last one hour. "Yes. I even ate. Happy?"

There was a slight chuckle in the background. "Very. Even Kanya is very happy."

"What is it, mom?" I asked.