Gone

"What?" I asked not understanding what I had heard.

She looked at me concern filling her gaze, "I-I'm leaving Lockwood." "For how long?" I asked quietly.

"I'm leaving the company Lockwood." My world broke at that moment.

I couldn't think, I couldn't move, I could barely breathe.

I could tell George was yelling and Holly was crying and Lucy was very upset but I could barely register all this over all of the thoughts in my head.

She was leaving and I knew I had to stop her get her to stay at the very least know why I was losing her.

Then it hit me, I was losing someone else and I didn't know if I can recover from this loss.

I finally blinked out of my daze noticing that I was the only person in the room besides Lucy.

She was looking at me with the same look as before. I felt like my whole world had been flipped.

I looked at her and asked one simple question, the only one I could manage, "Why?"

She looked like she didn't want to answer but she said, "I feel like I'm a danger to yo- I mean the team."

Then she was gone.

I trudged up to Lucy's- I mean the attic. I sat on the bed grabbing a sketchbook that Lucy never let us look in.

As I flipped through the pages memories plagued my thoughts tears rolled down my cheeks.

She was gone and she wasn't coming back, this time it wasn't death that took part of my family from me it was . . . Well I don't know.