:: Chapter 22 :: Competition Excitemnet

The ride to Hogwarts was the same as every year-except for last year where a dementor had tried to suck Harry's soul out. Remus actually taught him the patronus spell over the summer so if he were to ever come across one again-he would know what to do. He had it down pretty good he'd say.

Angus made a squeaky sound as they came into the great hall for the evening feast for the first night back to school. He was talking animatedly with Draco and Blaise, splitting from Neville and Hermione when they had to-had to stick to their houses the day of the start of school. Harry waved at his dad who smiled back before continuing his own conversation with Severus.

Once children were settled into their houses after being sorted did Dumblebore speak up. Talking about how the school year and what nots, then he said something that actually made Harry turn. But was interrupted as the door shoved open to show a drenched man with a glass eye at the door. The storm outside let out another deafening noise that shook the great hall as he started walking towards the teacher table. Dumbledore announcing who he was as he sat down.

"Now as I was saying, we will be having the pleasure of holding a great old tradition that hasn't been played for quite sometime. The best Europe wizarding schools will be participating and will be here come October for the triwizard tournament. Only those older then 17 may put the names to be chosen as our schools lone champion! Now let's enjoy our feast!" He announced with a flair that made Percy roll his eyes and the food was finally there. And both Jackson's turned their food blue, making the people who knew them best roll their eyes fondly.

"I wish I was 17." Draco bemoaned as he ate a piece of turkey. Pouting sadly at being only the wee age of 14.

Blaise rolled his eyes. "There's a reason why it wasn't or hasn't been played for decades."

Perking up Harry turned to the dark skinned boy. "Why?"

Looking into Harry's eyes he sighed. "Because most the time someone's kid died and the parents had to make it stop. It used to be younger that you could join. But as I said, most the champions were either killed or permanently scarred in some way. At least you have to be 17 now."

"Why is it being brought back if it's so dangerous then?" Harry asks as he frowns and munches his blue potato.

"That's the question of the year Harry." Theo put his two cents in.

Shrugging they decided to just go through with their year without paying much attention to the goblet and the fantasy talk from other oblivious kids.

It was free period, October getting closer and closer as they came. Harry was with Hermione watching kids enter their names and trying to do some work. Hermione more like making sure Harry actually did his work. Which only made Harry groan but he did so anyway.

Harry and Hermione had gotten closer over rest of summer as they were stuck in a house together for a week till school. Hermione learned Harry was a lot quieter at home then at school where his friends were and constantly chattering, he also read and studied better while at home. No distractions-unless Sirius pulled him into a prank war with Percy-they lost every time, Harry thought it unfair. All the while Harry learned that Hermione was more then a book nerd and enjoyed writing-which he guessed could still be put as a nerd thing but he found her writings quite enjoyable to read.

"Harry, guess what?" Harry nearly jumped out of his skin before hitting a chuckling Fred Weasley who had come up from behind.

"We're going to put our names in the Goblet." George said impishly as he walked over.

Rolling his eyes he closed his book to pay more attention to them. Ignoring Cedric Diggory nervously putting his own name into the Goblet of fire. "You two aren't 17. And you won't be till April. " Harry deadpanned.

"Well sweet Harry, we have a trick up our sleeves." They wiggled their brows as they showed a concocted potion-and just from the sight Harry sighed at the two.

"If it works we have a question for you Harry." George spoke softly with a determined face.

Blinking at the sudden shift in mood at the twins. Ignoring Hermione's surprised look behind him. "Okay, and if it doesn't-you guys have to spar against my Dad."

Fred winced. He remembers some of the training that Professor Jackson gave them as soon as he brought them under his wings to learn. It wasn't just pranking. Though they've learned a lot from the Almighty Jackson. They practically worshipped everything he did.

They knew as they looked at each other, that they really didn't want to spar against Professor Jackson. So they marched arm in arm to the circle that kept anyone younger then 17 out. They then wrapped arms and drank the potion that George had made, and then took one big step through the circle.

Cheering broke through the air after the silent shock.

Chuckling as he guessed he lost-then suddenly the twins were flung back and they skidded to the doors. Quickly Harry and Hermione ran over to see if they were alright. Then they watched as the twins started to turn grey in the hair-a beard to match growing as they were suddenly old men.

Harry laughed out right when they yelled out in shock at each other-then in came Ms. Mcgonagal who took the two by their ears to the med wing.

The two laughed all the way to their next classes before parting ways for their separate classes.

While Harry wondered what the twins wanted to ask.

___